IW STi Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2011 STI Hatch, Plasma Blue, Cobb stage 3
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’ll be dammed, my local injector guy was right. I started the car with the same misfiring (cyl 4 roughness just cycling up)…..took a smaller crescent wrench and rapped against a flat head screwdriver set down on the injector body and after about 10-15 seconds of tapping a few locations on the injector, my idle smoothed right out and Accessport showed no more roughness. Shut down and restarted, still good!! Hooray 🥳

Jason, I will try your tune when I get back from a trip I have to go on later this week

·
Super Moderator
8,957 Posts
That's a first for me. I started my S2000 on ID1050's today, for the first time in 366 days so that I could load it on the trailer. It fired right up and I took it for a fun spin up the mountains before loading it. This car has sat with ID1050's over a year, twice, with ethanol and I've not had any sort of issue.

I'll have to go back and look at that map now... I can't recall what I was trying to test for. :)

·
Registered
2011 STI Hatch, Plasma Blue, Cobb stage 3
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ha ha, thanks Jason, don’t worry about it. I have to take a break from this for a little while anyway now. You had asked me to drive the car at different engine RPMs while data logging to see if anything stood out with timing etc. You had noticed that my local tuner wasn’t running all that much advance.

the injector might have gotten stuck since the fluid the guy uses to test injectors is not gasoline but a different ‘calibration fluid’ that mimics the properties of gasoline but won’t blow up on you or evaporate. After he tested the flow rates they did sit for 3 weeks. He said he has seen a few of them do this before. Now that gas has washed through it I suspect it will keep running without issue here on out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts