IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after work just now i when to start up my car and was expecting the blue from the hid low beams, but nothing and thought to myself, "ummmm the car in front of me should have lite up?" I turned the switch on and off a couple of times and nothing. Checked my signals, orange side maker(parking lights), and high beams, they all work. So got home and check all the fuses but i was not expect a easy way out on this issue because if not all the function of the headlight would have seased. So tomorrows friday and i doubt ill be able to get my car looked at until monday or later. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please help a brother out. thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you recently clear your lights?
not really it was back in august. i had them done by you.

i did recently wash my car with high pressure. If water hight the headlight in any way possible could that have been a factor? I check the blubs and both of them did have some black spotting near the center of the bubble which i assume is the mercury.

BtW what do they ballasts<sp> do for the headlight?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
not really it was back in august. i had them done by you.

i did recently wash my car with high pressure. If water hight the headlight in any way possible could that have been a factor? I check the blubs and both of them did have some black spotting near the center of the bubble which i assume is the mercury.

BtW what do they ballasts<sp> do for the headlight?
The Ballasts are what provides the Voltage to ignite the Xenon gas. They are the HiD Equivilent to a Neon/Florescent Transformer.

Thats wierd that both of them went without prior notice though..

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
have you checked the fuses and such?
Well after work just now i when to start up my car and was expecting the blue from the hid low beams, but nothing and thought to myself, "ummmm the car in front of me should have lite up?" I turned the switch on and off a couple of times and nothing. Checked my signals, orange side maker(parking lights), and high beams, they all work. So got home and check all the fuses but i was not expect a easy way out on this issue because if not all the function of the headlight would have seased. So tomorrows friday and i doubt ill be able to get my car looked at until monday or later. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please help a brother out. thanks
;)

5char

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
You would think since both went out at the same time it would be a wiring or fuse issue and not a bulb or ballast issue. And I wouldn't think high pressure washing your car would do anything either because I've done that to my car many a times (including the headlights and engine bay) and have had 0 problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts