IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have 2007 Sti Limited. I had a "mechanic" install the fuel pressure sensor for me. (He was doing other work for me and just installed it for me n/c.)

When I got the car back I hooked up the gauge to the sensor and it was reading 5+psi. I knew that was not right so emailed another subaru guy and he said "sounds like the sensor is in the return line." So I run thru the internet and find the high pressure and return lines and yes, he put it in the return line. Okay so I pull the sensor, splice the return line with a piece of 5/16" brake line, and put the sensor in the pressure line. Sure enough 45psi. Everything is fine.

But that spliced line bothers me so I go to the junk yard and find another line. It's not from an 07 but an 05 WRX but it looks the same. I put it in. Fire up the car and now it's only got 35psi on the pressure side at idle. (Haven't driven the car yet. Losing 10psi fuel pressure bothers me.)

Are these lines specific to the WRX and STI? I don't get how I could LOSE 10psi. If the STi's return line was small and the WRX is larger that would explain it.

Does anyone know if there is a difference in those lines?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just the actual hose was replaced, not the fuel damper thing that looks kind of like an FPR? That is odd. Not sure if ID would cause that big a difference but something must be different between the two.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the actual hose was replaced, not the fuel damper thing that looks kind of like an FPR? That is odd. Not sure if ID would cause that big a difference but something must be different between the two.
Just the hose with the connector on the end. The damper thing was not changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts