IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reached out to Lord regarding 802EZ since I thought it had been discontinued. That was the case and here is what they said:

"The 802EZ products were replaced by the DTM products. Fusor 800DTM (beige), 801DTM (white) and 803DTM (black) are for beaded applications."

Product link

Regards,
Aaron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got a question for the community: what would be the best product to use as an adhesive for the rear OEM flares?

3M scotch weld perhaps?

I took an angle grinder to the fender lips with the flares still on which worked great. But in the event I need more clearance I'll have to pull the fenders out further. I sealed the seams and sheet metal with the above product and it worked great but I'm not sure it would be the best adhesive for plastic to metal.

Looking for real world experience with something like this from someone who has it.

"LORD Fusor® 800DTM/803DTM direct-to-metal adhesive/sealant is a one-component, moisture-cure product used for duplicating factory appearance on standing seams, cosmetic seams, truck bed seams, tooled door skin seams, floor pan seams, core support seams, brushed seams and other applications in which a non-sag cosmetic seam sealer is required."

Maybe I am over thinking it and this stuff will do the trick....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fyi I successfully massaged the lips out with a ball peen hammer, without breaking or removing the rear fender flares. This is perfect for my 17x9 +42 Awesome wheels with 255 Toyo R888R. Went for a drive tonight and zero rubbing ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts