IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I picked the title on purpose. Anyway, I'm having issues since I installed the whiteline swaybars. I can't get the nuts to stay tight on the endlinks. It seems to get worse if I drive on bumpy or poor quality roads. As you would expect, the vibration shakes them loose. I don't like the fact that I am probably over-torqueing the nuts to get them to stay.

I was thinking of some loctite, but I'm not sure how long that would last. It also defeats the purpose of having an adjustable sway bar. I'm also on the stock endlinks could that be an issue? I was also thinking of putting some washers on between the nut and swaybar. Any suggestions?

·
3,274 Posts
Just keep tightening them down until you can't anymore. I had them come loose but after doing that they've been fine.

If not the Blue Loctite would work. I'm going to be trying that for some other bolts I have that keep loosening up.

I would definately recommend upgrading the rear endlinks since the stock ones are known to bend or break. Most after market ones are a tiny bit longer to prevent the bar from flipping.

Not sure if it's needed as much up front but the Kartboy endlinks sure do look pretty. Get the combo set from TurninConcepts for $180. Can't go wrong. I have Perrins and I'm going to switch to the Kartboys soon since my Perrins clunk like whoa.

·
Registered
429 Posts
there are a few things you can do. get some mechanical locknuts. not the nyloc ones or the simple solution is use some BLUE locktite. it is the removable stuff. the RED is whats "perm"

hope that helps

tom

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
If you're on the stock endlinks are you aware of the allen fitting on the end of the stud? lots of folks miss that.

It'll let you hold the stud while you tighten the nut all the way.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turninconcepts.com said:
If you're on the stock endlinks are you aware of the allen fitting on the end of the stud? lots of folks miss that.

It'll let you hold the stud while you tighten the nut all the way.
Yes, I'm aware of the allen fitting, but that's only on the fronts. Sorry I forgot to mention it is mostly confined to the rears, which don't have said fitting. The problem isn't really that I can't get the nuts tight, it's that I get them tight and then they loosen up.

I will take a look at the locking nuts or loctite. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Blue Loctite FTW. It comes in this Glue Stick looking applicator now. No more gooey messes...unless you like gooey messes of course.

I had removed my sway before too and the endlink nuts got loose and caused a small clunking noise. Used Loctite to tighten everything down and noise is gone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was using the stock links temporally and had the exact same problem. Order yourself a set of Kartboy links and be done with it!

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,563 Posts
nice work, nhluhr!

we have it on the lift every 1000 miles to go over everything under the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts