IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've came to the conclusion that our OEM stereo systems SUCK!
I'm looking to add something to give alittle more thump, and without adding a ton of weight to the back of the trunk, from a huge sub enclosure. I'm just looking for some suggestions and/or opinions. Let me know guys.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
you could go with the KENWOOD KSC-SW1 for subs if you dont want anything in the trunk at all, otherwise, I would look at kicker comp VRs, they sound amazing, I would shy away from MTX and other junk like that

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
A small bazooka tube will do wonders on a well tuned system. Adds just enough low megahertz

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
no offense, stay away from the bazooka for a couple reasons:

build quality is sad
sound quality is worse
they made a sub in a fake NOS bottle

what a joke

no offense flatthump

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn, lots of quick responses.

Crutchfield is expensive as f***. They have the head unit I want, for $1000, and I found it for 629.99 in a store in brooklyn which is roughly 55 miles from me, which makes me feel safer going to pick it up instead of having it shipped :lol:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
yeah crutchfield is a rip off,

whats the head unit you are getting??

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scubadiver424 said:
you could go with the KENWOOD KSC-SW1 for subs if you dont want anything in the trunk at all
Those are pretty sick.. And priced at 250, its not that expensive either. Do you think two of those under my seat and the passenger seat will be too much, or should I just get one?

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scubadiver424 said:
you arent interested in any double din units??
Nah not really, I was thinking of just getting the clarion, and getting the forester din pocket

·
Registered
2019 WRX
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found the kenwood ksc-sw1 for 95+ dollars cheaper than cructhfield.
What a rip off :lol:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hmmm, thats a good question, if you want just some thump, then just get one for now, if you feel like its not enough, then go with another one

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
just wanted you to see this

double din for the OEM look

1 - 20 of 41 Posts