IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Southeastern mass, but I plan on driving my Silver STI up north quite a bit this winter. I've started my winter tire/wheel search but am overwhelmed! Ive budgeted $1200, somebody tell me what I want, what to pay, and where to get them. I def want the second set of rims just for the winter tires, but they don't need to be anything special.
thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
go to tirerack and order the ASA KA3's and Dunlop M2 or M3's I have this setup on my car now and is great. click on the link to my homepage and there are pics of my car with close ups of the Rims and tires.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Beautiful setup... Love it...
Those wheels cleared Brembos?
Any reason why u didnt go with V1?
Also question..with that sub, you can put your groceries and stuff on top, right? Does it muffle the bass, etc?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks,

yes I can still put stuff in the trunk the grill is steel mesh and pretty strong, also if I need to get a lot in the trunk the sub enclosure is removable but I had it made that way fortrack days, but if I leave it in it will muffle it a bit however I don't really get the groceries in my STi my girl has a Durango and we do errands in that :wink:

Yes the ASA's did clear the Brembos though I have to say I did have my doubts.

the reason I went with the ASA's is they were cheaper than anything else I looked at and these are just for the winter I have the stock BBS's w/ the Potenza 070's for spring summer and fall :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
TurboXS UTEC for STi

I have the ASAs and M2s and after a lot of research they seem to be the best for the $...from Tire Rack...installed and balanced with hardware ~~1200...salesrep..Dexter

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Snead - also on STi?
Surprised you two are the first people that I hear from about ASAs...
Good stuff... Everyone in colder climates should have cheapo rims and winter tires from the winter/incline weather days... I'll probbaly go with blizzacs and those ASAs also..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
driver's side sun visor...

I got the Blizzacs coming by the end of the week. However.... Those ASA KA3's are backordered till mid january!!!!!!!!!! HELP! Any ideas.... it snowed up here today, but luckily she stayed parked in the garage. I love the look of those rims, but I don't really want to wait all that long. Also...anybody know the weight of the stock BBS rims offhand?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts