IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up im looking for some track days to race my scuby at its nothing super special i just wanna see what i can do around a course...but yeah i live in cali but im stationed in iraq right now cause im deployed but im trying to find maybe a group that is going for a track day in like march in cali would be great let me know thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Schedules for next year don't seem to get posted until after the holidays. If you don't know the tracks in your area, you've got Infineon and Thunderhill to your north, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs to the south, and Laguna Seca right in your back yard.
The SoCal tracks are covered pretty well by Speed Ventures - Track Events for Everyone! and RedlineTrackEvents. I'm not sure about Infineon and Thunderhill. There are other groups that do the NorCal events. You can usually dig up the names of the groups on the track webpages.
Laguna Seca is the best, but it's more expensive and they sometimes don't allow first-timers. Buttonwillow is where I did my first session, and that was great. You learn all the flags, signals, passing rules and all that. After that I went straight to Laguna. Thunderhill might also be good for first-timers, but I've never been.

Good luck and safe travels!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts