IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a dealer who's offering a silver/silver sti for just under 33000.

It has the following options:
turbo gage, arm extension, mirror/compass, security system upgrade, wheel locks

In addition to those factory options the dealer has also installed:
sti stereo including 6 disc change, upgrade speakers, subwoofer, window tint, sti decals, pin stripe, fog lights

Would you consider this a good deal?

Is the STI manageable as a daily driver?

Do you think the car will depreciate rapidly?

I live in an apt complex that only has fenced in covered parking and isn't on the best side of town (but not the worst). I can't garage the car for at least the next 6 months. Regarding the security of the car, do you think this is a bad idea?

Any regrets if you've bought one (probably a bad question for this place ;-)?

Anyone put on a bike rack?

I've been looking for a sports car for months and was just about to give up because I haven't fit in any of them. I do fit in the STI, but wonder about it's practicality. But, man do I want to fulfill that fast car dream. Thanks for any and all opinions.
-B

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Thats a horrible deal... its not a good daily driver... since only 300 are being made a month everyone can own one so value will drop rapidly... the security system is flawless... i cant stand my sti and i have tons of regrets for buying mine... a bike rack would be awsome...

Thats only if today was opposite day tho. lol Im just messing with ya. With all those options and considering the stock stereo is ~$2000 that is a good deal. The value will hold as they are limited production cars. It is more drivable then any other car I've owned (Supra NA and BMW ///M Roadster). Its very practical as it seats 5 and has a 11 cubic feet trunk. I never regret a second of buying mine... I LOVE IT. Im not too sure about the bike rack thing tho. You should fit just fine as the seat lowers pretty good and can go pretty far back. Good Luck with your purchase! My only problem is that I'd go with WRB :)

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Don't worry...She can handle it...

Yeah, what he said.

I am 6'2" and I fit fine. There are guys taller than me driving these cars and they fit. As far as the deal, go for it. With all the options listed, that is a great deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Any car is going to depreciate like crazy. It's no Benz, so expect a residual value somewhere in the 40-45% range in 5 years. That's the industry norm. A car should always be considered an expense, not an investment.

The factory security system is worthless. It may give you a sense of protection, but it shouldn't. Look around NASIOC....you'll find pictures of an STi with it's headlights gone and system removed....all while the stock security system was armed. Find a good aftermarket unit.....I installed a Viper 790vx personally. Vandalism is my number 1, 2, and 3 concern with this car. It's draws a lot of attention...from everyone. Good attention comes along with the bad.

Daily driver....most definitely. Been doing it myself since day 1. Take it on road trips, drive it through pot holed areas....no problems. Just as manageable as any other weekend racing setup I've had in the past.

M

·
0 Posts
Tint, Pin stripes, and more STi stickers? Got a picture? I'd love to see this.

My opinion though, is unless you want all those options, keep looking. I chose to buy mine with no attachments whatsoever and went back afterwards and bought what i wanted and installed it myself.

That will save you some money. Of course, if money isn't the issue, then I wouldn't sweat any of the other concerns. It's a hell of a car, and you will not regret owning this monster.

mist

·
Registered
478 Posts
weekend

Get it! That's a pretty good deal. I paid $32439 (plus tax, yadda yadda) for my silver/silver with all those options but the stereo. I absolutely love my car. My wife hates the looks, but her little Z3 keeps her happy.

Every day I get in it and feel like this: :D

Then I push on the gas in a bit of spirited driving and feel like this: :eek: :D

And I park my car and think: 8)

It's a blast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Slower Acceleration after 1st Oil Change?

I think that's too much. My advice is to get on the van bortel waiting list, ask for Shawn-tell him david from nashville sent you. That way, you will get the car you want, with the options you want, for far less than you will find anywhere else. No haggle, flat rate prices. I paid 29,991 out the door for a silver STi with the mirror, wheel locks, and armrest extension. The wait list is only like 20 right now, but I would also wait until you can have it garaged full time.

That is, unless throwing away $3000 is OK with you. On the depreciation side, I would expect it to hold fairly strong, much like the toyota supras and honda S2000's. Nothing like the depreciation on a Saab or ford/chevy/chrysler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts