IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

just curious on who has gone on long road trips in their STi? And how did you feel afterwards? Pretty beat up? Wouldn't do it again?

I'm planning to go to WV rafting this summer/fall (12 hr drive), and I'm trying to figure out if I want to take my STi, given the stiffness of the ride...

josh.

·
Registered
595 Posts
670mi in 9 1/2 hours. I had a little sorness in my butt after about 6 hours or so. However I only stopped for a total of 20 minutes during the trip to fill up twice. Did the same thing on the way back but added 1 1/2 hour stop to sleep at 3:00 am.

I am used to going on long trips in an OTR truck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Availability of Sti...

Just did a 9 hour trip (4.5 hours each way) last weekend. A little tireing, but not too bad.

The seats are definately firmer than I was used to.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
1200miles (alexandria, va to ann arbor, michigan) it wasn't bad at all; i'd do it again today. i will do 1800miles in sept when i head to indy for the f1 race; alexandria to indy to chicago to indy to alexandria. (i "pitstop" in chicago to visit friends between friday practice/qual and the race on sunday.)

·
Registered
307 Posts
can you imagine an evo on a long trip, its even stiffer, was in seattle last week , wanted to test drive one, dealer said there was no way he would let me, i pointed out that there ads in the car mags were offering 100 bucks to drive one, he knew nothing about it, another dealer wouldnt give me the 100 but would let me drive it, i was impessed, it ran well, cornered well, stopped well , but the ride was much worse the my sti, I guessed it would be, not a car for a long road trip, I trailered mine the 900 miles, to seattle, :wink: :wink:

M

·
0 Posts
Yes, I can't wait for my drive to Indy this year! And, it will be especially nice if MS wins ;)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
how many miles is that from sc? i'm not part of the tifosi-club; i didn't know about it. but i'm "new" to f1; been following it for 9 years. this is my 4th also. my seats are on the inside of turn 1 at the end of the straight. where are you?

·
Registered
858 Posts
in about 6 days, i''ll be driving from fremont, ca to portland, or.

nothing like xm radio and weeks and weeks of the howard stern show on mp3s... ;)

M

·
0 Posts
hehe, i'll be directly across from you on the outside of Turn 1, :) Or at least, thats where I sat last year. The year before I sat across from the Ferrari pits which was sweet. The first year, I sat on the Oval bank section which was pretty cool but you could only see one corner and no passing.

It's like a 8-9 hour drive or so from where I am. The only enjoyable parts are going through the mountains in NC. Sadly that is the beginning.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well, before we yelled at for being off topic :) , i'll close by saying i'll give you a shout (via PM) as the race date nears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just got my sti almost a week ago and i driven it from la. cali to barksdale afb which is about 1650 mi.. and it takes about 25 hours if you drive it straight on thru... ive did this with my '02 WRX which i still have and my '00 RS.. and ive done all the drives straight... gas sucks thru texas 90 and 91 was the majority thru cali ariz new mex..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
supaf0b,

how did you feel? like you'll need to make a chiropractor appointment? your back all sweaty because the fabric doesn't breath after 10 hours?

josh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Josh...

well when i drove the sti down it was pretty boring for the fact that i didnt have a radio and the ride was really stiff... yeah and my back didnt feel too good for awhile but after it felt like i didnt have a back to worry about... i had one of those car vibrating massagers in my rs and that worked great... you wouldnt believe how many people would drive by and honk and give a thumbs up about the car... :D

ian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts