IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My long term fuel trims are stuck at .39 everywhere.

No, Im not that good of a tuner... (wouldnt that be godlike...)

Is there some situation where AirFuel Learning is disabled in closed loop indefinitely?

This actually looks like an issue that I need to call Cobb about.

Anyone?

·
Registered
276 Posts
RainMaker said:
Hey guys, My long term fuel trims are stuck at .39 everywhere. No, Im not that good of a tuner... (wouldnt that be godlike...)
Is there some situation where AirFuel Learning is disabled in closed loop indefinitely? This actually looks like an issue that I need to call Cobb about. Anyone?
You do not need to call us, it is likely that your ECU has found no reason to modify your fuel trims permanently (A/F Trimm Learned).

Take care,
Christian.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Christian. said:
You do not need to call us, it is likely that your ECU has found no reason to modify your fuel trims permanently (A/F Trimm Learned).

Take care,
Christian.
I dont think Im so perfect at ironing out this intake calibration that NO long term fuel trims are necessary....

But if you insist... :p

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Man, I wish mine would quit learning its negative correction...LOL

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do not know if this is your issue, but the BigMAF is an intake which is impossible to tune. I would highly suggest changing that part first.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WolfPlayer said:
Give it some time. You'll eventually see the LTFTs adjust a little bit. Your short term fuel trims are adjusting right? Now if THEY are also stuck at 0.39 then you have something to worry about - lol.

Do you have the 70mm and JECS installed now?

t
So what your saying is that my tuning isnt perfect... the ECU is just slow to criticize... :lol:

Yeah, the STFTs are VERY active ;) I actually would appreciate calming those things down a little. No problems there. Although without STFTs and with a WBo2, you may have a problem, but you sure could map out the intake pretty well ;) Hmmm... I wish I could turn them off like I can on the LS1 for a few minutes.... :naughty:

I dont have the Cobb 70mm or the Jecs in *yet*, though they will be going in soon, once I get through a few other priorities (wife is about to pop out 2.0, so I'm supposed to be helping her nesting fervor).

I also burnt out my Aquamist pump (PDX apparently was unaware that the pump cant pull water/meth from the back of the car to the front), so that will be a slight project coming up too. Lastly, Im trying to diagnose my AVC-R... which stopped working altogether... though I now have come to appreciate the hallman valve setup. I could wire back in the ECU to control the EWG, but 21psi seems so.... last month. ;)

JDM-STI: As far as tuning with a BigMAF.... Holy crap... dont spend much time on that. You can only chase your tail so long before giving up. Cobb might sent you a 70mm Legacy GT intake or you could pick up the APS 70mm if you have room.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Christian. said:
I do not know if this is your issue, but the BigMAF is an intake which is impossible to tune. I would highly suggest changing that part first.
Get Scott Siegel to send you a picture of what I did to my big MAF. It made the MAF readings smooooth.;)
We are having to change to smaller injectors to solve my issues. We should have everything good to go by the end of next week. Hopefully...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts