IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any reputable engine builders in the CT area that have experience with H4 engines? Going to be doing a build in the next few months and want someone with some decent experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Last I remember, XX was going to be selling Cobb blocks. Buying one from them could be a good way to save on some shipping vs buying it straight from Cobb.

Another option is Automaster. They are Crawfords largest east coast distributor and recently started selling thier own blocks. It is still up in the air if they are rebadged Crawford blocks though, so beware if you are a member of the anti-Crawford club.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ver7wannabe said:
Last I remember, XX was going to be selling Cobb blocks. Buying one from them could be a good way to save on some shipping vs buying it straight from Cobb.

Another option is Automaster. They are Crawfords largest east coast distributor and recently started selling thier own blocks. It is still up in the air if they are rebadged Crawford blocks though, so beware if you are a member of the anti-Crawford club.

I have been there while they were assembling a couple of their motors. They are definitely not debadged crawford blocks. I can give my word on that note. :tup:

·
Banned
1,463 Posts
There is a noticable difference from our shortblocks to crawfords.

Especially since we now:

All of our pistons now come with "VALVE NOTCHES" to accept oversized valves and extremely high lift cams!!!!!

-Rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sebtarta said:
www.xxtuning.com

they are located in east hartford.
lol, i said reputable.... :lol:

sweet, i'll deffinately have you talk to you guys at automaster. No offense to anyone on this board, but I personally can't stand XX for various reasons, and I deffinately wouldn't trust them with an engine build.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Scoobyless said:
I've heard of them and had a friend get tuned there, but has anyone had them do any engine work for them?
I was thinking of trying them for a tune as well.

Randy, why are you selling your exhaust? Is it too loud for Johnny Law?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Check out automaster... they have their own blocks now, not just Crawford.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ver7wannabe said:
I was thinking of trying them for a tune as well.

Randy, why are you selling your exhaust? Is it too loud for Johnny Law?
Eh, after dealing with the NF statie I was a bit annoyed, so at this point I'm going to be running a 3" dp with the stock catback and an electric cutout off of the dp. This way I can be as quiet as I want, the only downfall is that it'll be abnoxiously loud when I open the cutout.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kiwi Engineering Old Saybrook Ct 860 395 0623 For Really Serious Engine Work

·
Registered
213 Posts
Scoobyless said:
I've heard of them and had a friend get tuned there, but has anyone had them do any engine work for them?
Yea a friend of mine had the standard sti shortblock setup... custom spec CP pistons overbored the sti block.. wrx heads. Simple and effective. Car runs great... no slap, no oil consumption. Good enough for me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts