IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Dan does detailing but he`s in school, I have swirl marks and waterspots like you wouldnt believe! I need to be detailed before old man winter comes, and I just dont have the time nor the strength anymore LoL.
Who do you use? Where? How much? I just need the exterior done, thanks guys.

And no I will not go to Ziebart, they want 200 for it.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LoL, sorry i`m anal :)
I still see hairline swirls and its sooo annoying.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
When my car got paint overspray I used www.onlybmws.com . They are located in manassas and did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Jet, if it's not all over the car and only certain spots. I have the Meguiar 3 step and and orbital buffer. Step 1, which is the paint cleaner, works wonders. If you want to try DIY, let me know.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Yeah, I'd do it for you if I was around but I won't be until mid November. If you can wait until then, I'll be home for a little over a week so I shouldn't have a problem finding time for it. If not, give this place a try: www.detailsdetailsdetails.com. They do GREAT work, and the owner is a super nice guy. I used to work there awhile back. Just tell them I sent you ;) PM me though if you want me to do it for you in Nov.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your help guys, I will give both those shops a call tomorrow :)
Dan let me find out what their prices would be, detailsdeatilsdetails looks promising.
Eddie i`m getting old, I think I might be needing a cane soon.

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dan, Question for you though - to remove oxidation/swirls/waterspots they charge extra? On top of the 180?

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
For bad swirls and water spots, they would probably recommend a machine polish, which does cost extra. A lot of times they are willing to cut you a break though if you are getting multiple things done. John is really reasonable, you can probably work something out. If not, I charge quite a bit less ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts