IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi -Transition to new turbo

UPDATE!!!

I went with a buddy to a Legacy meet at IAG on Jan 22nd and during the meet, JJ drove me around in his 08 sti with the IAG gt35R with the custom IAG kit. WTF!? Are you serious? That car is a real monster!!! I could not believe that the car was on stock internals. That car was literally everything I ever wanted for my STi (expect the EWG, it sounded awsome, but not for me :) ) long story short, I had to get it.

My 20g set up was awesome but I had to get more after that little test drive JJ took me on (that punk!!!) My previous 20g set up was broken down by IAG and I traded parts back to them and added more for the new set up :) THANKS JJ, Rick, and the IAG crew for the awesome service!! :) I really do appreciate it.

IAG did some extra work to help me get the set up I wanted. They worked around the Perrin FMIC set up i already had and used the same red coated piping to make it look cleaner. They also recirculated the stock BOV so idling would be much smoother. They added a cat on the IAG dp so i can pass emission in VA. Finally, they dumped back the EWG into the dp (I didnt want to have the EWG sound). The car sounds like a jet taking off when that turbo spools :)

For now, the car is tuned at 18psi because my OEM clutch slipped. Once I get the the Exedy twin plate clutch installed. The car will be put back on the dyno to get the tune is deserves :) I CANT WAIT!

IAG Rotated 35R 0.82 w/ v-band housing
IAG DP w/cat
IAG 3"BigMAF Intake
Recirc stock BOV
Tial 44mm External Wastegate dumped back into DP
GT Spec UEL headers
1000CC Injector Dynamics top feed
IAG catch can

and a few more things...

·
Registered
692 Posts

Nice little upgrade there! ;)

What kind of numbers did you make with the current tune?

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

Hey Thomas, it was nice meeting you! Yeah sucks about the clutch :( Once you get that Exedy put in, you're going to love the 22psi tune :D You're going to wish you have gone with an EWG dumped to the atmosphere when you are stuck behind someone who is going 50mph in the left lane for 5 miles and you finally get an opportunity to pass them :lol:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts

Hey Thomas, it was nice meeting you! Yeah sucks about the clutch :( Once you get that Exedy put in, you're going to love the 22psi tune :D You're going to wish you have gone with an EWG dumped to the atmosphere when you are stuck behind someone who is going 50mph in the left lane for 5 miles and you finally get an opportunity to pass them :lol:
:rofl:So true.:lol:

Tom what numbers are we looking at here, this seems like a sick setup!! I want a ride in the iag sti :(

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

2 things...

1. The new setup is going to be SICK! :eek:

2. I didn't realize you had a sport grille and lip on your car. My car just became your twin. :lol:

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts

2 things...

2. I didn't realize you had a sport grille and lip on your car. My car just became your twin. :lol:
Thankfully I wont be getting the sports grill so we are safe from being triplets.

Tom how do you like the rota p45r? Does it ride good? I ordered BR coilovers and am interested to hear some first hand input about the wheels.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

:rofl:So true.:lol:

Tom what numbers are we looking at here, this seems like a sick setup!! I want a ride in the iag sti :(
Well, the final tune will probably be a little under or a little over 400whp (psi @ 22-23). WTQ, I have no idea. I am assuming it will be a bit more aggressive since I will have an upgraded clutch (exedy twin plate). I think USER got 365 tq on his stock clutch.

Nice little upgrade there! ;)

What kind of numbers did you make with the current tune?
The tune got stopped at 365ish @ 18psi(basically the same as my 20g), but the feel and sound and of the car is 100x better then the 20g. If he went any higher, I wouldnt have been able to drive my baby back home. So Jorge stopped it at 18 psi. I am happy that i dumped the EWG back in :) I can really hear the spool of the turbo.

By having the Perrin fmic(was suppose to use there custom FMIC) and dumping back the EWG into the dp, Jorge, Rick, and JJ believe I might have lost 20-30 hp. But thats cool with me. The car is still gonna be a beast once I get it tuned right.

Jorge said that the gt35r doesn't come alive until 20 psi, so who knows what he will do with the final number. Either way the car will be beast!

2 things...

Twins in the same location. I hope your camera shooting is going well :)

Thankfully I wont be getting the sports grill so we are safe from being triplets.

Tom how do you like the rota p45r? Does it ride good? I ordered BR coilovers and am interested to hear some first hand input about the wheels.
LOVE THE P45r's!!! massive wide :) it really looks good on our silver cars (hyper black wheels). I had gunmetal before, but didnt really dig the dark on silver. the 18x9.5 +35 makes the car look beast from the back. I have them standing on RCE yellows and I am good.

·
Creeper v.02
2,604 Posts

Updates.. I saw your car at IAG while I was there. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - IAG 35R

UPDATE!!!!!!

Ive been lurking and buying stuff but have not updated my journal. Long story short...

* built motor from IAG w/ rotated turbo
* changed from RCE yellows to BC BR coilovers
* added lower control arms and bushings
* got a crap load of tint tickets, so I stripped my front tints off :(
* officially a Fairfax County Fire Fighter :)

Time to take it to the strip and track :)

Droid X pics...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - IAG 35R

Nice update and congrats on the new job! Are you assigned to a specific station?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts