IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi -TD06 20g FMIC

On I mode I got 32 mph on the highway traveling for appx 50 miles. Right now after the first week of driving, I have been hitting the boost here and there :) so right now its appx at 24mph. It is still much better than my stg II set up :)

Overall after a week of driving, I am so damn happy that I got this done!!! well worth it :)

Thomas

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

Thomas, stock internals right?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

yup stock internals.. just maxed out on all bolt ons basically...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

word. how many miles on the car?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

cool beans, i just hit over 26K, and am contemplating a setup similar to this, just "scared" about the internals.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Installed red overlays on the tail lights the other week.

Wow! didnt really think it would make a huge difference, but it does. The car is sexay!! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
20g, FMIC, Sparco Torino II, etc...

Met up Mike (hokie_sti) today and got his Sparco Torino II seat :)

He installed it within 30min(appx) the boy was doing work I tell ya. I basically just stood there while he did 99.5% of the work.

The seat feels great. It def gives the sti a totally different feel. The seat fits me real well on my lats and legs. Mike and I have a similar body build(lean and tall), He did a great job forming the seat :)

It seems like a great seat for a DD. My first impressions... f'n sick seat :)

I will take pics of it later this weekend along with the red overlays for the tail lights. I also put on the gunmetal g forces back on :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: 20g, FMIC, Sparco Torino II, etc...

Met up Mike (hokie_sti) today and got his Sparco Torino II seat :)

He installed it within 30min(appx) the boy was doing work I tell ya. I basically just stood there while he did 99.5% of the work.

The seat feels great. It def gives the sti a totally different feel. The seat fits me real well on my lats and legs. Mike and I have a similar body build(lean and tall), He did a great job forming the seat :)

It seems like a great seat for a DD. My first impressions... f'n sick seat :)

I will take pics of it later this weekend along with the red overlays for the tail lights. I also put on the gunmetal g forces back on :)
Nice meeting you, Thomas! Glad you like you like the Sparco.

Thanks for letting me take a spin in your car... I'm super jealous! :tup:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Do you happen to know what the part number is for the seat bases??? I'm actually looking at some sparco seats and I don't know which seat base works for our car.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Do you happen to know what the part number is for the seat bases??? I'm actually looking at some sparco seats and I don't know which seat base works for our car.
Casey

Seat base part # is 400SB071L

I will try and get the pics for the fmic pipes this weekend. Ill let you know :)

Thomas

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - TD06 20G ***Pics Added***

Update:

Its been awhile since I updated last.

The girlfriend got me a Cusco front strut tower bar for my birthday (thanks hun). She picked it up from the Mach V meet and gave it to me right away. SWEET!

Ive been driving like a maniac lately enjoying the the new turbo set up :) The car is so much fun to WOT off exit ramps. Not to mention the new sparco torino seat help with the curvy bends. The seat def makes the drive more enjoyable (thanks Hokie_sti).

The gun metal g forces are back on :) but I am wanting something else. I Kind of want to go back to a silver color and go a little bit wider. Also, lower the car even more with some camber too :)

Mach V meet was pretty bad a$$. Drove up with some locals to the meet and saw some awesome cars :) loved it.

Here are some pics...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

You have the exact engine setup i want to go with when I build mine. 20G and FMIC for a daily driver.

siiick.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

You have the exact engine setup i want to go with when I build mine. 20G and FMIC for a daily driver.

siiick.

Yea man, I love it.

I have had the car since Nov 08. I drove it 21k until feb 2010. Now I am at 26k and loving every minute i step into the car.

It is def worth it as a DD set up. DO IT !!! :D

Thomas

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

updating...

Installed Kart boy Pitch mount after reading the review on Hokies journal :)

I must say that I feel the difference as well. Hokie was right on point. Shifting is a bit easier while gunning it and coming off the throttle is much smoother. Installation was super easy. Having a TMIC has its benefits :)

Replaced the stock fender badge with the JDM R205 Badge from AVO. I def like the black and the pink :)

Got rain guards more for looks than its function really. I like how it looks on my silver car :)

I dont have any pics of it on my car but soon I shall :)

I am also currently in the process of switching from the RCE blacks to the RCE yellow springs :) With that, I've decided to go wider on wheels. I think I will go with Rota P45r 18x9.5 +30 in hyper black on 255/35/18 Hankook Ventus V12. I have been wanting to go wider ever since buying the G Force in 18x8.5. Finally, I decided to while i change out my blacks for yellows.

Finally, my sister and I bought a 2006 Legacy gt wagon in aspen white. Its silly :):) its stg 2 with gold tarmacs. Its crazy how my older sister likes the modded up LGT wagon.

Anyways... bye bye wheels :( you treated me well. TIME FOR BIGGER!!!!

Any locals wanna get together soon and take some pics (mjd, hokie, matt h ?) since my sister got a suby now, she is down to take some sexy a$$ pics :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Installed Kart boy Pitch mount after reading the review on Hokies journal :)

I must say that I feel the difference as well. Hokie was right on point. Shifting is a bit easier while gunning it and coming off the throttle is much smoother.
Awesome! You should do the Whiteline rear diff bushing inserts and Kartboy rear subframe bushing inserts next. They also make a nice difference and are pretty cheap! :)

Any locals wanna get together soon and take some pics (mjd, hokie, matt h ?) since my sister got a suby now, she is down to take some sexy a$$ pics :)
I'm down! I'll be around most of Sunday/Monday. Also I'll be going to Cars and Coffee in Great Falls on Saturday morning. I think some other MAIC subies are showing up for that.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts