IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - G Force Gun Metallic installed

Nice job on the car!!
My hold up on getting mods is the fear of voiding the factory warranty. I know SOA acknowledges mods to intake, exhaust, and suspensions...do you know if they are OK with flashing the ECU with AccessPort?

So far I just dropped in a K&N replacement filter in the air box...and I am getting 23.8mpg HWY!! (average 70-75mph)

My plan:
Cone intake (brand unsure)
AMR catted exhaust system
AccessPort stage II
Maybe coil overs....(debating with ride quality, curb clearance, wife's approval) :D

I was fearful of losing the factory warranty, but I asked the service dept manager and he told me as long as my mods are not directly related to the fault then ill be straight.

·
Registered
35 Posts

The wheels look nice! When I asked wheeldude they indicated 22lbs for the 18x8.5" +48 offset. I was going to order them but they said 2-3 month wait for gun metal or hyper silver since it's special order! Which offset do you have? :tup:

·
Registered
158 Posts

If I remember correctly I think Dan from wheeldude said 18lbs.
22lbs for the 18x8.5 g-forces. At least that is what was emailed to me from wheeldude.

sick car and I will have my RCE springs soon!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - Installed replica V-Limited Lip and PICS!!!

UPDATE: 4/21/09

Got the front lip from Bayson and it fits pretty good. Install was mad easy. Pics are on POST #3.

Enjoy.

btw... What to do next?

Thomas.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - Front Lip w/ summer wheels PICS

Dropped off my car at IAG in MD yesterday :) I will be going back saturday to get my car back after the tuning session with Jorge.

Stage 2 is great and fun, but I wanted more, why? I dont know. This car is a freaking addiction and it's killing my wallet. :( :)

Mods for this weekend:

Blouch TD06 20g 8cm turbo
GT spec II UEL and Up Pipe
Perrin FMIC
Fuel pump
850cc injectors
Grimmspeed boost solenoid
Spark Plugs

Tune w/ Jorge @ IAG md

Anyone want my stock stuff?

up for sale.

Thomas

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

siiiiiiiiiiiqqqqqq... can't wait to see what the 20G puts down for you as I'm considering that route in a year or so myself. Very nice :tup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

yea man

I wanted a bigger set up, but I needed a reliable turbo upgrade for DD.

We shall see this weekend :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi - More Power upgrades to come!

sounds good! I'm another one looking at options for something beyond stage2. sounds like you have a good setup planned. be sure to update us if you can pry yourself out of the driver's seat :)

matt

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: llTomTomll's Journal - SSM '08 STi -TD06 20g FMIC

New Set up:

Bouch TD06 20g 8cm
Perrin FMIC
DW 850cc inj
grimmspeed boost solenoid
walbro fuel pump
Prosport headers up pipe
P&L HighFlo big maf intake
1 step colder plugs
Invidia catted DP
Megan Racing CBE

First, I got to thank Rick, JJ, Jorge, and the whole IAG crew!!!
Rick went above and beyond in helping get my set up. IAG customer service is fantastic.

I got my tune from IAG and Jorge today and man it was awesome. I got back in the evening driving on 695->795->95-> 495->66-> local roads. Man the car is f'n sick. The car drives so smooth and it has so much power. :)

I mode: 265hp 221tq @ 12.4 psi

drives smooth and boring

S mode: 294hp 293tq @ 14.03 psi

drives smooth and the power comes in gradually throughout the powerband. It definitely has more power then the S# on stg II. Especially over 70 mph. The car just keeps going on strong.

S# mode: 361hp 352tq @ 20.55 psi

Holy Sh#t !
Im guessing the 8cm housing on the TD06 20g turbo helps with the high end power of the car. The car is a beast! Power again comes in smooth and fast. It is nothing like stg 2 maps. Before the car would just power out after 3500rpm, but now the power just keeps coming at all gears and at all speeds.

Im not sure if my gauges are right, but the car is telling me I am at 29.6mpg. This is after the tune and me flooring the car half the time on the highway :D :tup: I also noticed on the highways the car actually runs more quietly. +1

The car is a real dream. the car sounds so damn sexy, whether it is from the P & L big MAF intake or the uel hearders. The car has a different sound to it and I f'n love it :). I cant describe in words how awesome the car is now. Speechless

I will post of pics and graphs up tomorrow :)

Thomas

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Very nice, I love the pics you've taken. Very cool tricks with the camera, wish I had the skill. But I couldn't help but notice we are running very similar setups performance wise and I had a question for you. How does the 20g do with the Perrin FMIC? I am currently on the Perrin TMIC but I've recently picked up the FMIC now and I'm curious if it will slow my 20g down on the spool? Great looking car BTW!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Very nice, I love the pics you've taken. Very cool tricks with the camera, wish I had the skill. But I couldn't help but notice we are running very similar setups performance wise and I had a question for you. How does the 20g do with the Perrin FMIC? I am currently on the Perrin TMIC but I've recently picked up the FMIC now and I'm curious if it will slow my 20g down on the spool? Great looking car BTW!
I think my spool is fine. Its def better then my stg II set up. The power is gradual and it hit even harder at higher speeds.

From you plots, it basically looks like u peak a bit sooner in hp and tq compared to my mine.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Video Looks good.

I got the FMIC at an amazing price but now I'm almost back pedalling thinking it might not be worth it to go front mount. Maybe a P&P on the turbo might make up some extra hp's. Any advice???

21 - 40 of 100 Posts