IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mkay, so i just got off the phone with the guy installing my guages (Boost, A/F and Temp). I have Defi-D guages being installed.. He says there are two o2 sensors to tap into, and the instructions dont specify which, I figured the sensor farthest back near (or is it in?) the catalytic converter would give the most accuarate reading.. but I thought I would check to make sure..

Also, does anyone know where the Temp gauge is supposed to plug in to? I just got it as a cosmetic guage till my EGT shows up, but damn its a pain in the butt to get goin.. no big deal if no one knows, but I thought I'd check..

Thanks

- Randy

(04 STi)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Which type of temp gauge?

Why did you purchase a NB O2 gauge? (It connects to the rear O2 sensor wire - but it is completely useless.) If you want to know anything real about your AFR - you will need a WB Lambda sensor and reader.

If you are going to get three gauges on a turbo car - boost, EGT & one of the following: oil temp, oil pressure or fuel pressure - in that order of preference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
153 Posts
A water temperature sensor would generally be installed in a coupling in the return hose so you can see the temperature coming out of the block.

The problem with a NB O2 gauge is that it is only accurate at stoich ~14.7:1 AFR - above that and more importantly below that it is not at all accurate. So when your AFR matters the most during WOT it will only indicate you are richer than stoich but not accurately as to how much richer. It will not work off of the front O2 sensor which is not quite a wideband but accurate over a much wider range than a NB.

Anyway to hook it up they should use the rear O2 signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts