IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start this list off by writing an astonishing fact....
1. Saturn Ion Redline (has freaking Recaros!)
2. Evo (obvious)
3. R32 (leather, but very nice none the less)
4. Chevy Cobalt SS (again Recaros)

Ok I just can't get over the fact that the Saturn and the Chevy have more supportive seats then an STI.

Can anyone add insult to injury with this list, maybe Subaru could pay attention to this post.

·
Registered
13,679 Posts
DoctorSTi said:
Can anyone add insult to injury with this list, maybe Subaru could pay attention to this post.

I'm sooooooooo with you on this one. Annoying as hell.

I wrote SOA about it and they said they will forward to their development department, but I doubt anything will be done.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Civic Si (new model)

While I owned the STi, I really didn't think it was that big of a deal, but after I got bruises on the outside of my left knee after EVERY AutoX b/c I was bolstering myself up against the door during hard manuevers..I knew something was not right.

Fast forward to the Evo and while locking the seatbelt, the car actually grips around me. I'm a convert in the Recaro belief!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would put the Evo and STi seats on par...both are too big for my body (5'11, 190 lbs). The ones from a JDM MR are damn near perfect (and if anyone has the cash, we have a set for sale, though they are pricey)

04 and 06 Si seats are WAY nicer than the STi (comfort wise) and padding - we had an 04 and just sold it for an 06, and the seats in both are quite nice.

The stock seats in my Enthusiast Z are damn near perfect for me, and hence, why I'll never change em, even though we have seats in stock

·
Banned
226 Posts
the SRT-4 seats are awesome...but i have to say...i am 5'8" / 160lbs...and i dont have a problem staying in my seats during auto-x events...( and YES i drive the crap outta the car so thats not the issue!!! haha)...although i work out so i do have some shape to me...wide back and shoulders and big legs... so maybe everyone who is 6'0 / 200lbs is built like a woman!!! oh well...i dont dislike my seats enough to waste money on new ones!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
S4 seats rock and i can vouche the R32 GTI seats are very nice. A little hard for me, but still pretty nice. The LGT are very comfy. The G35 seats and IS300's are just absolutely amazing. Now if someone manage to learn how to keep the airbags and switch seats it would be very nice.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.