IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone point to a link of the VF39 specifications, I'm trying to find out the a/r?

Also, is there an aftermarket variable geometry turbocharger that will fit in our cars?

What I'm trying to do is upgrade the stock sti vf39 with a turbo that has none or almost no lag, a lot of low-end torque, spools so quick I can't control it. Not to worried about top-end power, even though I'm looking for an increase in HP. My car is strictly for AutoX.

· resigned
5,835 Posts
I dont know of any variables for the ej's. I know bosch makes the variable vane for Porche, IDK what kind of electronic control it would take, but I would imagine someone could fab a kit... IDK what the a/r of the vf39 is, but I havent seen too many turbos that are big enough for our motors that spool faster.. maybe 16/18g... Im kinda hoping someone will release a twin scroll 20g...

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad anti-lag cant be done without reducing the life of the turbo. From research I found out about "clipping". Which can reduce lag, but I have no idea how to do this. There's so much info online, after a while everything gets fuzzy, then I get confused. Can someone break it down for me, like what are my options^^^^^^, and specs?

· Registered
890 Posts
BBKG79 said:
Too bad anti-lag cant be done without reducing the life of the turbo. From research I found out about "clipping". Which can reduce lag, but I have no idea how to do this. There's so much info online, after a while everything gets fuzzy, then I get confused. Can someone break it down for me, like what are my options^^^^^^, and specs?
Clipping the wheel actually hurts spool but helps out with the air flow and top end power from what i've heard..

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BBKG79 said:
Can someone point to a link of the VF39 specifications, I'm trying to find out the a/r?

Also, is there an aftermarket variable geometry turbocharger that will fit in our cars?

What I'm trying to do is upgrade the stock sti vf39 with a turbo that has none or almost no lag, a lot of low-end torque, spools so quick I can't control it. Not to worried about top-end power, even though I'm looking for an increase in HP. My car is strictly for AutoX.
Anyone, pretty, pretty, pretty, please?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.