IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions About Tires, Stereo, and A/C

The other day on my way home from work, the Long Island Expressway construction crew was touching up the HOV Lane with white paint. Today I noticed hundreds of little white pinhole size dots all over the clear bra and forward facing parts of the car! :evil: They won't come off!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I heard clay bar does work. But I am afraid of swirl marks or more scatches. And does the claybar work on the clear bra?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Clay bars come with a lubricant so just make sure you wash the car first and keep her lubed up real good while you caly it and you should not have any problems. Almost like wet sanding. As long as the clear bra has been on long enough to dry you should be ok. You can use it on anything, headlights, windshield, etc. You really don't need to use a lot of pressure, just rub it back and forth a few times and the paint should come right off. When you do it make sure you set enough time aside to then give the car a good coat of wax after because the clay bar will clean off everything on the finish.

I am planning on claying my STi next spring. I highly recommend a good clay job before any initial polish/wax job. If kept up on washing and waxing you should not have to clay it often if ever again.

For some more info check out... http://www.properautocare.com/usclaybartor.html

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts