IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upgrade the light how? Just the bulbs, or the whole housing and stuff?
I thought i had a bulb for the low beams but its actually an led that you cannnot remove. Hopefully the leds never go out or else i gotta pay like 1100 dollars for a light. Pretty dumb if you ask me but maybe im missing something.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX STI
298 Posts
Are you sure you cannot remove it? Because that would be a terrible design and subaru isnt that predatory.

Most subarus have adaptive headlamps which means the lights turn with your wheel so perhaps there is some housing there that you need to remove to get to a bulb.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I thought i had a bulb for the low beams but its actually an led that you cannnot remove. Hopefully the leds never go out or else i gotta pay like 1100 dollars for a light. Pretty dumb if you ask me but maybe im missing something.
you sure about that? quick google search and i found a diagram showing the oem led housing....and it shows removable bulbs....i think to get to those you'll have to remove some things, but you can swap the bulb.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think it depends on optional equpment. some have LED with auto levelling sensor up on top of the dash somewhere. if that was covered or blocked maybe it would cause brightness problems.

owners manual here:

i have an older 2012 sti with HID and it actually has a little control wheel next to the dash dimmer wheel that lets me control lowbeam angle

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you sure about that? quick google search and i found a diagram showing the oem led housing....and it shows removable bulbs....i think to get to those you'll have to remove some things, but you can swap the bulb.
Im going off what diode dynamics told me. From my understanding its the limited wrx or sti have led thats built in to headlight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts