IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STi Lowering Coil Spring Pics

Check this out. In order to buy the full size foglamps, one needs to replace the bumper bracket with the lightweight one (according to rallispec.com). So I buy thing, and uh...big difference. The stock bracket weighs between 25 lbs (my best guestimate). The LW bracket weighs...like 4 to 5 lbs, seriously.

The shadows make it difficult to really see, but there is a lot less metal. Also note that the whole bottom extension is no longer. I paid $181 at rallispec.com. The metal that you see is much thinner than the stock bracket as well...it was definately made to be as light as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
olappa said:
i like! but does this affect safety?
Well, I am guessing our big brackets might have something to do with the 5 mph bumper requirement here in the US. With the light weight ones you prolly cut that in half or more.

·
Registered
575 Posts
how to best prep the car for Solo II?

MKIVSupra said:
olappa said:
Well, I am guessing our big brackets might have something to do with the 5 mph bumper requirement here in the US. With the light weight ones you prolly cut that in half or more.
I have always wondered why bother about 5mph stuff since your paint is going to get ruined anyways? is this mod worth it to unload 20 pounds on the front end?

·
Registered
284 Posts
STiboy, im definitely getting the lightweight BB now, but when I talked to my shop guy, he said to just make sure that it doesn't affect airbag deployment (mounting of sensors and the like). Any comments? or was it just a simple bolt-on? Thanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Lightweight front bumper bracket

Need a link on rallispec.com. Couldn't find the bumper bracket --Sin52

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
MKIVSupra said:
olappa said:
The requirement in the US is 2.5 mph. Subaru decided to go the extra step and double that. The EVO's is 2.5 mph, note this thread HERE

Which means IF the lightweight ones cut that in half (and not more) you're still street legal.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Where is the link on ralispec.com?

If it's not there, what is the partnumber of the receipt? We'll need that to order one. ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
gotta use the phone and describe the part to the salesperson. theyll know what youre talking about. :wink:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Actually there is no need for a new styrofoam peice. I installed the JDM beam for weight savings, and opted to keep the original styrofoam for a little extra energy absorption capability. Fits just fine... :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts