IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best debadging!

Just realised that the license plate holes are not set right for US plates. This may be an obvious questions but is drilling holes the only way around this?

I've never drilled holes into a bumper before so if anyone out there could enlighten me with the appropriate drill bit to use or with some other way to get the job done I would really appreciate it.

It's a shame to even have to put it there but the law is the law.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SubEd said:
Your dealer didn't do this for you?
No he didn't. Should he have? Should I get on his case about it? Anyway it's kind of trivial it's not that hard to drill holes I just don't want to f something up. Also is it better to use screws or bolts? If bolts is the way to go how do you get the nut on the other side of the bumper.

·
Registered
779 Posts
simon13elmont said:
SubEd said:
No he didn't. Should he have? Should I get on his case about it? Anyway it's kind of trivial it's not that hard to drill holes I just don't want to f something up. Also is it better to use screws or bolts? If bolts is the way to go how do you get the nut on the other side of the bumper.
Drill a small pilot hole and get 2 course threaded screws(3/16" stainless steel). You would need to remove the entire front clip if you tried to bolt it on.

Good thing PA don't require huge ugly plates. I just got my STi trim plate installed and it looks awesome!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: How to keep from screwing up my bolts?

stiperformance said:
simon13elmont said:
SubEd said:
Drill a small pilot hole and get 2 course threaded screws(3/16" stainless steel). You would need to remove the entire front clip if you tried to bolt it on.

Good thing PA don't require huge ugly plates. I just got my STi trim plate installed and it looks awesome!
Ask your local hardware store for license plate screws. They have the "security" type that you screw in, but have to use a socket to unscrew.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts