IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Long Island Auto Show this past weekend, and was pretty disappointed with the manufacturers offerings. Nothing much new. Nissan had the new Z, which I feel is totally uninspired from a design standpoint. The only car that really caught my eye was the Infinity G35 coupe. They had a bright red one that is absolutely gorgeous. And some nice numbers, too: 280 HP/270 lb. ft. torque. Fully loaded with butter-soft leather and navigation, as well as the cool Infinity clock, for $35k. I'd call it the "thinking man's Z". If Subaru can't deliver on price with the new STi, I'd seriously consider this car instead.

Just my $0.02.

And yes, I'm still loyal to the Subaru crown. At least until the official announcement.

J.B.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The new Z and G35 look very nice. For some reason I am not really into the Z. I tried to be and maybe I need to see it in person, but it doesn't look or seem that nimble and I look for that in a car. The Z/G35 coupe remind me of good GT cars...heavier with good top end. These remind me of autobahn cars..not twisties cars. Out of the two I like the G35 coupe better...it actually has a back seat.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I agree on the nimbleness thing; that whole new platform (which the GTR is going to be based off of) doesn't seem to be as solid as it should be.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The G35 would be more of a grand touring car, I think. A very nice way to get from point A to point B. But you're absolutely right about the nimbleness. The G35 is a luxury car, whereas the STi is a street-going rally car. Very different philosophies.

J.B.
WRXtra

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Of course in the US..most driving occurs in a straight line. :( I remember having my sport bike and being bored most of the time b/c there weren't enough twisty roads to use the bike like it was design for.

I forsee me driving the STi normally for the first few years, then possibly using it on the track at autoX events, etc. I just like to use it like it is designed to do.

·
Registered
886 Posts
There are plenty of good places in usa that has great twisties, you just got to go that extra mile to find them :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts