IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you want to know about the new '04 MY Subaru STi?

I can tell you a couple things just to settle some debate..

The 04MY Impreza will get the facelift. As will the STi. They will both be unveiled in Detroit on January 6.

Interestingly, the STi will be in NA with a 2.5L engine. No HP numbers yet, as Fuji is keeping that under wraps.

Other items of note: AVCS, yes; DCCD, yes; radio, no.

Any questions?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually all quite true. I work for Subaru. This information is right as rain.

BTW, I noticed that there was some speculation about HID.

HID, yes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know why there's no radio. Maybe weight. Who knows.

Price I don't know either. If there is one, it (like HP) is a closely kept secret until Mitsu declares numbers for the Evo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
oh bother....<<winnie the pooh>>

Tell us more.
And while you're at it put a squeeze on the few in the know for more juicy info...Christmas is a time for sharing right :wink:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I'm with you Albert...oh bother, but tell more.

Tell us more. Remember though that the truth will be known in about 2 weeks!

If its a 2.5..so be it, DCCD good, HIDs awesome. I just want the dang thing here soon, now!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with Emanon - I have always heard from a reliable Subaru source that the STi would be 2.5L. But I haven't heard any of the most recent news as my source has been sick lately. But what is the deal with the radio Emanon? My STi will be run in SOLO I and II, but it is more of a daily driver for me and, although the DCCD would be nice, it would just serve to drive up the price. A radio for me, and I think for a good portion of us, would be a better standard feature. I do enjoy listening to the glory of the engine while driving, but the whistling of the turbo while commuting on the highway becomes tiresome without the use of a radio.

Will the radio be an option Emanon? It must be as every pic I have seen of the new STi has had a stereo in the dash which appears to be different than that in the current WRX. Rather than forcing the DCCD on people who may not otherwise check it as an option, wouldn't a standard stereo make more sense like it does in just about every other car in the market?

Love the car, want the car, getting the car, but I like the stock 6 disc stereo in my '02 WRX and would be pissed-off to have to pay out extra money for a stereo ontop of paying for other options, like the DCCD, that I would not have otherwise gotten on the car.

So Emanon - got anything else? January 6th is a long time to wait for those who have been waiting for this car since they bought their WRX's a long time ago. Is there anything else you want to share?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Emanon said:
What do you want to know about the new '04 MY Subaru STi?

I can tell you a couple things just to settle some debate..

Interestingly, the STi will be in NA with a 2.5L engine. No HP numbers yet, as Fuji is keeping that under wraps.
Any questions?
When I filled out the buyer's order at my Subaru dealer they also said their inside sources were indicating that it would be offered w/a 2.5L engine. That would be fine with me..more torque :lol:

So is the EVO definitely getting the 2 liter engine?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Emanon said:
NA = no turbo (Naturally Aspirated)? If so, can will still call it an STi? Or NA = North America?

Since you seem to be on the inside, what goodies will the regular WRX get? AVCS? Twin Scroll? Will we see sports shift on the "slushbox?" What about the 2.5RS? DOHC?

·
Registered
75 Posts
color

Boy I go away for the holidays and the rumor mill goes wild!

Good one No Name! Oh wait thats emanon backward! :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys...

Perhaps after your "hiatus",
Worm, you would like to comment
on the CONTENT of what Emanon
(or, no name) had to say ???

How about you, too, Clonegts...
those relatives of yours starting to
think that maybe that 2.5L engine
might be more than the ramblings
of some "guest" that doesn't know
anything ???

It will be a 2.5L, and if not, let's
here from Worm how it can be
determined to the contrary (with
the exception of WAITING !!!).

Don't watch the clock too
closely...

·
Registered
15 Posts
2.5L

I doubt it'll be 2.5L. Well it's possible since i doubt the up-pipe engine is capable of 271hp :D

The 2.5L will take away the whole concept of a rally cars and i'm suprised this silly rumor still exist but we'll find out soon.

Maybe I should be scared since my evo is coming soon :eek: 2.5L does mean more potential regarding hp and torque.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As I said in another post, there is a 2.5 Turbo motor ready for the U.S. right now and it will be in vehicles very soon. However the Impreza line, including the WRX & STi will not be getting this motor. The 2004 STi will get the same 2.0 the rest of the world gets tuned for the U.S.

There is no solid proof I can point you towards in order to confirm this until the first week in Jan. You'll just have to believe!

Sorry to all for my recent lapse from the board. There has been a situation with my employment recently that required me elsewhere...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts