IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for good, legit websites to purchase STI parts from other than RallySportDirect. Is importimagingracing a legit site? They have my wheels on their site.

Has anyone bought directly from Tomei? Looking for a website that sells the Tomei catless down pipe.

Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
I have ordered OLM side mirrors from "RallySporrtDirect" and a JDM R205 radio panel from "Rallyspec".
Both were good experiences.

No idea on 'Importimageracing' but I vaguely recall reading they were legit.
'Vividracing' was the one I read about people having mixed experiences.

I bought the rest of my parts from Canadian shops; Tomei headers from SubieSupplyCo. and my Cobb parts through TougeTuning.
Any Subaru/aftermarket shop that deals with Tomei should be able to get you the downpipe (like the headers were for me).
Most USDM OEM parts I just grab from the dealer, but this is infrequent.

Premium Member
Another good experience with Import Image. I've also had good experiences with MAPerformance, Flat Irons Tuning, and SMY.

Registered
fastwrx.com is also another legit one, I used to work for them (shop name is mach v motorsports in sterling va). and they are a good group of guys, if ever you see something that you want that they dont have on their site, you can always reach out and ask them, they can get quite a bit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if JMautosports.com is legit? I am trying to find the Tomei catless down pipe. All the sites you recommends don't offer it.

EDIT: Anyone know anything about vividracing.com?

Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
Anyone know anything about vividracing.com
As mentioned above, vivid is a mixed bag.
I've read about people ordering parts no problem, but I've also read about people getting taken for a ride on backorders and ever changing ETA's and poor communication.
Word is to check that they have what you want in stock, otherwise you're better off ordering from a distributor of that part who's more local.
Idk where you're at, but I'm sure there is a shop in your area that can order Tomei products.

Premium Member
See about
Import Image is very good. Order stuff from them all the time.

Started purchasing from them after RSD ticked me off. They wouldn't return something past their stated rules. I was a very good customer (spent thousands) and tried to get them to make an exception. The would and I have bout a thing from them in over five years. Up till now I've spent $500 a year just in oil changes for my DD and I've bought far far more than that. They missed out one thousands of dollars of my business and I've helped may find alternative vendors including Cygnus who should not be ruled out, KNS Brakes. Heck I've bought a couple hundred dollar TPS tool . . .

Reactions: Scargo and Karlot

Registered

Started purchasing from them after RSD ticked me off. They wouldn't return something past their stated rules. I was a very good customer (spent thousands) and tried to get them to make an exception. The would and I have bout a thing from them in over five years. Up till now I've spent $500 a year just in oil changes for my DD and I've bought far far more than that. They missed out one thousands of dollars of my business and I've helped may find alternative vendors including Cygnus who should not be ruled out, KNS Brakes. Heck I've bought a couple hundred dollar TPS tool . . .
oh how did i forget to mention cygnus. he was freakin awesome when i got my coils.

Premium Member
See about
Geoff has help many of us , , ,

Registered
Sucks about RSD, I've not had any problem with them, although I haven't tried to return anything past their return date. You didn't state the specifics, but if it was just a little over the date and it was unused, that does suck, especially if you were a decent customer.

I've order plenty from RSD, a few things from Import Image, Fastwrx, and Flatirons... all have been good and legit.

Premium Member

Cygnus will not do anything but shocks at this point. I've spent over $10K with them in the past. I just bought Cygnus X-1 Motorsports Edition coilovers from him.
I still buy from Rallysport Direct. I have bought a lot from Import Image, but I can usually find it a little cheaper elsewhere.Have also bought a lot from Flatiron Tuning. Right now I find the best deals (and have never had an issue) at RCA (Race Consulting Agency), MAPerformance, KNS and Rallispec. Don't forget Amazon and Ebay! Sometimes they have great deals. I use Amazon Prime so that saves on shipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts