IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Re: Leeroix's gr

all you guys with lips and ground effects, how do you keep from scraping? or do you? i dont want to waste 600 bucks cuz im worried that they will be destroyed quickly.

·
Registered
405 Posts

yeah i was lookin into those... my problem is, the exhaust tips are chrome. the side badges are chrome, and the headlights have chrome in them. i can get the exhaust ceramic coated black, and get the r205's, but what about the headlights?
You can pull the lights apart and paint them black.

Thats what I did with mine when I put the angel eyes in.

I think I have picks in my journal.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

did you run into any problems while painting the chrome plated plastic? ive heard that wasnt a good thing to do.

·
Registered
813 Posts

I like ur car! Only thing that scares me is with ur lug nuts like that can't people take them really easily since there not a lock key lug nut on there? I don't want to be a rain cloud, but just tryin to look out for the safety of a fellow subie owner. =)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

yep, gonna do something about that too. but in the mean time it gets locked up tight. and i dont leave it anywhere shady.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

got some new ideas. going a slightly different direction on the look soon...

·
Registered
405 Posts

did you run into any problems while painting the chrome plated plastic? ive heard that wasnt a good thing to do.
I sprayed wax remover/paint prep on them then wiped them down again.

I used Rust-Oleum Enamel primer and then flat black finish. It help up on my Legacy for five years with out fading or chipping and now its been over a year on the STI with no problems. I used it to paint my side vents and side badges too and its still holding up. I love that stuff.

·
Registered
361 Posts

Sick GR. Im looking into getting the same wheels and shift knob that you have. Did you go with the blue or red base? Not sure which would look better in my car. Blue to match the exterior but im thinking the red one matches interior better cuz of the sti emblem in front of the center console.

Did you have to do anything to your fenders to clear those RZ's? I have eibach springs, are those stiff enough cuz I always hear people saying u need a stiff suspension to run that offset. Thanks.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

i actually put the knob in my truck... i didnt like the feel of it in the subi. but it came blue and i just put some red vinyl over the blue to hide the COBB letters. the wheels fit fine in the front. the rears needed to be rolled. that might change when i get new tires because im planning on going wider.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

just got the KICS r40 revos. pics comin...

I like ur car! Only thing that scares me is with ur lug nuts like that can't people take them really easily since there not a lock key lug nut on there? I don't want to be a rain cloud, but just tryin to look out for the safety of a fellow subie owner. =)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

chucked the titek's and slapped on some revo's -also DBA4000's and stoptech's

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

the new look. got rid of the red stripe on the grill. ditched the red lugs. a little more murder....

headlights, emblems - black.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

time for some new rubber.... i know there are countless threads about tires. and ive looked at a lot of them. i would LIKE to go 255.40.18, i think i have narrowed my choices to this:

BRIDGESTONE RE760 $170 -255.40.18
FALKEN AZENIZ RT615 $169 -255.40.18
BF GOODRICH G-FORCE KDW2 $174 -255.40.18
and on the expensive side..
DUNLOP DRIZERRA STAR SPECS $240 -255.35.18

THOUGHTS>>>?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: Leeroix's gr-NEED RUBBER

haha some d-bag called my ride a riceburner the other day... funny

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

yah i wanted to kick his ***. little richboy F******! anyway... yeah the starspecs look pretty good. so with the lower profile - do you think i would need to drop the height a little more?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

my current setup is 18x9.5 with the rears rolled. i didnt want to roll the fronts if i could avoid it. the 265 would definitely look sick, and perform better, but im concerned about the clearance. that is about as fat as i could go on those wheels too right?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

you could probably put 275s on there, but stage2 sti power 265s would be perfect. I say get 265s and roll if you must, imo its well worth it. Some fat rubber on those Advans would look sic.

21 - 40 of 165 Posts