IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anyone seen or heard of LED taillamp for 2004 sti? Seen one for lexus is300 at Lextasy... though it was nice... Hoping there is one for us too... :)

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
just put in LED bulbs.... done! :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ive seen some complete aftermarket led taillights made for sti's. but those were in japan. i dont think we can get them here.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I saw it in a magazine that a coworker brought back from Japan. It was a some type of promotional Super Autobac's magazine, I'll try and scan it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that LEDs are not recommended in turn signals because they are as visible during the day in sunlight as regular bulbs would be. I would guess that also applies to leds used in the brake lights or anywhere else for that matter. I forget what the reason was but I think it has something to do with the fact that they are directional and do not reflect off the reflector inside the housing. Stock bulbs reflect from the housing and are easier spotted from wider angles. I personally would rather be seen by other drivers better than have some overpriced LEDs. Its bad enough there are so many idiots out there that should not be driving in the first place last thing I want is someone making a turn right in front of me because they didnt see I had my blinker on. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
^LED brake lights on many cars like G35, Prius, etc. are bright as hell and can be clearly seen in bright sunlight. Hell, they hurt my eyes at night! :lol:

I can see that being a problem, though, when you put in drop-in LED bulb instead of putting eleventy billion LEDs in there like you should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts