IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around 3000 miles i decided to check my tire pressure and found that my right rear tire had 8PSI in it :mad: ... Filled it back up to specs and now id say 2 weeks later it has 18PSI in it... I have a leak somewhere and i dont even have 5000 miles on the car yet :mad:

Tires arent covered under warranty right?

No i havent checked the tire for leaks yet as i just found this out last night.. going to take the wheel off tommorow after work :tdown:

Theres a slow leak somewhere :(

·
Registered
421 Posts
valve stem?

·
Registered
421 Posts
or pull the tire off and check for nails? a bad bead, in that case you would need to unmount the tire and put that rubber goey sealant on the bead

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Youll probably never find out what it is for sure. My guess is valve stem also.

Im not sure if tires are covered under warranty or not actually

·
Registered
785 Posts
Let me know what you do to fix the situation. I have a very slow leak in my front right tire and have done nothing about it yet. May take it by a shop to see if they can fix it... not sure if I want to try fix-a-flat or not.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I wouldnt use fix a flat if I were you, its only a temporary solution. I would take the tire off, and inspect it all around, the men at the tire places use water and dish detergent, it makes very small bubbles, but then again your leak might be to slow to even catch that though, I would give it a whirl

·
Registered
421 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
I wouldnt use fix a flat if I were you, its only a temporary solution. I would take the tire off, and inspect it all around, the men at the tire places use water and dish detergent, it makes very small bubbles, but then again your leak might be to slow to even catch that though, I would give it a whirl
yeah that, you can also use a pool, after you wash the rim of course

jsut out of curiousity, and this isnt an attack on your driving ability but did you cut a parking lot entrance too close and curb it? this will damage the sidewall/ bead and mess things up

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Yes, tires are covered under the warranty of the tire manufacturer. Check your owner's manual and call your dealer.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
wdb said:
Your Subaru dealer is not the person to call unless they are also a Bridgestone Tire dealer. The tires are warrantied by Bridgestone, not Subaru.

If it turns out to be a problem with the wheel, then Subaru is on the hook.

If the leak is on the valve stem, then that should be Subaru's responsibility. Valve stem leaks are the most likely culprit for something like this. The tire warranty covers manufacturing defects.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a similar problem. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was still under warranty with Bridgestone so they sent me to the local dealer and hooked me up. It ended up to be a black wood screw that was all the way through the rubber. Just enough to let air out but not enough to make it flat. They patched the tire and I was good to go. If you do have some kind of hole make sure they don't plug it, they have to patch it. Can be very bad if they plug it. But even so the tire should still be under some kinda warranty. I'm sure Bridgestone doesn't want another fiasco like they had a few years back.

Well good luck with the tire. Hope it's a easy fix.:tup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
STi489 said:
i had the same problem.i ended up getting sick of always pumping it up so i threw fixaflat in there and it worked!!
Oh my please dont put fix a flat in your tires. It speeds up the corrosion of your wheels, throws off the balance and can create vibration, and it will piss off the tire tech working on your car, trust me I hate it when a customer puts that crap in there and I gotta clean it out to do a flat repair. At my store we use patch plugs that will make the tire good as new. They say dont drive over 80 or so but Ive done a patch plug on my own motorcycle tire one day at work over a year ago and its still holding tough and Ive taken it past 150 mph.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts