IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my Subaru salesman this morning. He said the latest info he received from regional is that the STi will NOT be at the Detroit auto show for the public to see in January. It will however be available for press day which is the Thursday (the show opens on Saturday) before the show opens to the public. Apparently Subaru is working on a second prototype and if it is finished in time there is a slim chance of an STi being on the stand for general public viewing He also said that the introduction of the car has been pushed back to fall of 2003. No additional info on price, horse power etc. I am only passing along exactly what I was told. :x

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Which dealer? It seems odd to me that Subaru would put it on the stand for press viewing and then yank it for public viewing. I have heard from countless others that it will be there for press and public viewing- so that's what I am putting my money on right now....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I talked to my salesman here in Edmonton today, and he confirmed that those ordering will recieve their cars by the end of may 03....the cars have been confirmed by Subaru of Canada to be ready for distribution May 1st....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Think about what that salesman said for a minute:

Detroit is THE autoshow to be in. If SOA decides not to show a car that they intend to introdoce to the USDM market simply because they want to build a second prototype then it could be for one of two reasons.

Reason 1: It could be that SOA is incredibly shortsighted by missing out on a TREMENDOUS marketing opportunity to showcase their latest car to MILLIONS of people. I HIGHLY doubt that, or:

Reason 2: They indeed plan to delay the debut of the WRX STi so that they can increase HP of the car and STILL meet emissions criteria. This could have something to do with being competitive with the EVO HP numbers :wink: .

Now, I highly doubt any of what I typed above is true as I believe that Worm is right on the money. I expect to have pics of the WRX STi on my comp from the public showcase in Detroit. Just over 1 month to go and I'm getting really excited!. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peace Subie brothers......Thanks for the input but I didn't say I believed the info!!! I considered the source and just passed it along. I find all the different rumors interesting even if they aren't true. I too will be at the Detroit auto show and I am very excited about seeing the STi and the Evo. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Invoice and MSRP

Anonymous said:
I'll bet that salesguy works for Worm! Fire him Worm! haha
:lol: If I was in the position to fire anybody...I'd fire the guy who decided not to bring the WRX and STi to the U.S. sooner!

Less than 40 days...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts