IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I would absolutely recommend it. It sounds so good. It's definitely a lot louder than stock. I was actually really surprised at how loud it was. But it's not overly loud to where you'll look like an idiot. You get what you pay for. Quality and fitment is top notch. I've had so many other exhausts that didn't fit correctly. When you get on it, it sounds so good. I'd say a close second to the sound is a tomei expreme but that's super duper loud and I don't like the single exit for our generation of STi's
Dope! Just ordered from Subispeed. Thanks!

P.S. quad tips FTW

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally got some wheels!
First off, I want to give a huge shout out to Ben aka EightTenths for shipping these out to Arizona for me.
He made the whole process very easy and stress free.
They're Volk ZE40's 18x9.5 +45
I'm getting my tires installed tonight. Continental ExtremeContact Sport 255/40.
It'll be on stock suspension.
I'll post some install pics later!

Volks by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There is bubble wrap under the wheel in that picture haha don’t worry!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Outstanding! Your STI is coming together nicely! What's next?
Thanks dude! I’m so in love with this car. It’s perfect. I think next I wanna do some OEM skirts, OEM JDM bezels and maybe some OEM canards. But I’m up in the air with the canards because I wanna keep this car simple. Less is more! I don’t wanna clutter up the front end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like simple too, I think the JDM bezels would be a nice touch! Question about the wheels, do you know the weight difference you are now running with the Volks/conti's compared to the OEM 19's/Yoks, and do you feel a difference in acceleration?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I like simple too, I think the JDM bezels would be a nice touch! Question about the wheels, do you know the weight difference you are now running with the Volks/conti's compared to the OEM 19's/Yoks, and do you feel a difference in acceleration?
Yes it’s exactly 9 lbs per corner difference. I absolutely feel a difference! It feels like it wants to move more now. The pulls feel way faster. It was totally worth it. The stock tires were grippy. I don’t have any complaints. I’m not an expert but these tires do just as well for sure. I’ve taken some corners hard and it really grips

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes it’s exactly 9 lbs per corner difference. I absolutely feel a difference! It feels like it wants to move more now. The pulls feel way faster. It was totally worth it. The stock tires were grippy. I don’t have any complaints. I’m not an expert but these tires do just as well for sure. I’ve taken some corners hard and it really grips
I was hoping you would say that you didn't really notice a difference, now I must upgrade :) Awesome wheels! Awesome STI!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I was hoping you would say that you didn't really notice a difference, now I must upgrade :) Awesome wheels! Awesome STI!
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. Do it dude! Get some volks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nothing crazy. Installed some RallyArmor mud flaps today. Black with dark grey logos. I didn’t want them to stand out. Now I don’t have to worry about rock chips from these huge tires!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts