IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going everyone.

I know everyone has said it but, I've been a long time lurker on this website! I've been coming on here since I owned my 2015 WRX. I knew that I would get an STi one day and I finally did!

I picked up my Base 2019 ISM STi yesterday from Subaru Superstore in Chandler, AZ.

I can't say enough good things about this car. Subaru hit the nail on the head with this one. It's like a totally different car from my WRX.

For starters I absolutely love the color. My WRX was DGM and extremely hard to keep clean (I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about). So I wanted to find a Silver one. The silver really shows off the lines IMO. Also, I never really see ISM STi's.

The steering responsive headlights are better than I expected. I was driving on some pretty twisty roads last night and I couldn't believe how good I could see ahead.

The interior is really nice and I'm loving all of the red accents. Especially the seatbelts.

Finally, those brakes!

Enough said. Anyways, I'm extremely happy to be here (finally)! I plan to keep pretty much everything OEM for the quality aspect. I'm done buying knock off lips and all that. Hope you guys enjoy.

IMG_0491 by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

image1 by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Nice. Welcome to the club. Nice color. I came back to STI with a black 2019 a couple weeks ago. My last was a 2015. I like the little improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome STI! I also drive a 2019 and this is the first car that I don't feel the need to mod. It has great driving dynamics (steering, handling, brakes) and while I always hear people complain that the STI is too slow, I think it has a great power-band with enough usable power for a street car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome STI! I also drive a 2019 and this is the first car that I don't feel the need to mod. It has great driving dynamics (steering, handling, brakes) and while I always hear people complain that the STI is too slow, I think it has a great power-band with enough usable power for a street car.
I couldn't agree more! It's plenty of power for cruising around and I haven't even broken 4k rpm's yet. It's the perfect balance of power and handling.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I couldn't agree more! It's plenty of power for cruising around and I haven't even broken 4k rpm's yet. It's the perfect balance of power and handling.

Not really that much stock anymore compared to what’s out there in the market. It needs upgrades. Stage 2 it’s a different beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First mod! Installed the AWE touring exhaust on my STi a few days ago. Yes, it's slightly used. Looks great and sounds amazing! Just what the car needed. It doesn't drone at all when you're just driving regular either. It's a lot louder than I expected, considering it has those massive mufflers. Only real thing that annoys me is the drivers side is just a tiny bit off and there's nothing I can do to correct it. I've tried everything. Very happy with the purchase!

New exhaust by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

Comparison by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice I was going to pick one up at the chandler, I got mine at Peoria though. I really wanted the push-button start and the Recaro seats. I wanted to get my hands on 2019 they had but it was the same price for the black one that I have now, with better options. They still have a silver one there. I am in gilbert!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed an OEM STi lip today. Couldn't be happier! Glad I went with OEM for the fit. Install was simple. It really makes the car look more aggressive. Hopefully some wheels next!

Untitled by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

I know the pictures aren't perfect. I don't have a good camera. These are all taken with my iPhone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got XPEL ppf installed today. Full bumper, partial hood, partial fenders, mirrors, pillars, first 10 inches of roof and they re-did the door handles and door edges. Spent a bunch of money you can't see haha but it will pay for itself on these AZ roads.

XPEL by Lance Choltko, on Flickr

·
Registered
6 Posts
First mod! Installed the AWE touring exhaust on my STi a few days ago. Yes, it's slightly used. Looks great and sounds amazing! Just what the car needed. It doesn't drone at all when you're just driving regular either. It's a lot louder than I expected, considering it has those massive mufflers. Only real thing that annoys me is the drivers side is just a tiny bit off and there's nothing I can do to correct it. I've tried everything. Very happy with the purchase!
Would you recommend the AWE touring exhaust? I’m looking for louder than stock(too quiet), some pops here and there, but nothing super obnoxious unless I’m sending it. ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would you recommend the AWE touring exhaust? I’m looking for louder than stock(too quiet), some pops here and there, but nothing super obnoxious unless I’m sending it. ?
Yeah I would absolutely recommend it. It sounds so good. It's definitely a lot louder than stock. I was actually really surprised at how loud it was. But it's not overly loud to where you'll look like an idiot. You get what you pay for. Quality and fitment is top notch. I've had so many other exhausts that didn't fit correctly. When you get on it, it sounds so good. I'd say a close second to the sound is a tomei expreme but that's super duper loud and I don't like the single exit for our generation of STi's

1 - 20 of 45 Posts