IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently bought a Lancer Evo 2003 and he told me he had the option of 4 cars. The Sti, Evo, 350Z, and the Infiniti G35. He said the Evo has better stats than the STi, better handling and other things. Is this true? What exactly are the stats. Which car is faster? And why does the Evolution have better handling? Hearing this was quite disapointing to me so someone please reasure me on the STi's superbness.

·
Registered
437 Posts
What do you mean by faster? Faster at accelerating, stopping, coming out of a turn, taking a straight away, doing twisties? Here is a crazy idea, if you want actual numbers for different things, read practically ANY post under STI news/media section. It has articles that some very nice person has scanned into the forums. I can say one thing, your friend's gauge cluster is butt-ugly. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
The Sti and the EVO are in a class of their own. These two cars are very close in all respects, except perhaps quality. Subaru's are known for being a well built higher quality car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
would be happy to own either of them , my choice is sti, a freind of mine owns a mitsu dealership here in canada, the evo will not be comeing into canada until it meets the 5 mph bumper spec, i guess because the intercooler is up front if you tap something the cost of fixing is at a level that it wont pass, also on a thread from another forum one owner claims his engine rattles like hell on 91 octane fuel{probably not fresh stuff} so if thats going to be an issue , dont want to go there :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd rather have the STI over the evo....an the G35 over the 350Z....why? STI is a better quality car w/ AWD Turbo, more HP, more TQ, better interior (tho the evo has nice sparcos ;) ) better looking gauges better looks and it wasn't riced out in 2F2F :roll:

the evo does have good power too....an they have good handling, but they're a cheaper car...not actual cost, but actual quality :(

it's the same w/ the G35 an the 350Z....they're essentially the same exact car, but the G35 is better quality, more luxury an better looks (subjective tho ::shrug:: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts