IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I E-mailed the PR people for the WRC to ask about the lack of WRC events in NA this is what they wrote back:

Good Morning,

There can only be 14 events per year in the World Rally Championship calendar due to the logistics of transporting the cars and related equipment between the countries.

New Countries are constantly applying to host a World Rally Championship event, and the decision for next years venues will be made in October…. Keep an eye on wrc.com to find out…….

Many thanks

Is this a standard issue reply or are they up to something?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good question, put that email address out here and maybe a couple more emails will answer that question. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well they do go to Argentina now so I don't think it would be too hard to take ship the cars to the US. Where would they have it? Colorado?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I remember hearing about a planned WRC event here in Colorado about 2 years ago. If I remember correctly the reason it didn't get off the ground is that they couldn't come up with enough funding.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"The FIA also released a list of rallies which are eligible for inclusion in the WRC next season."

They usually have 14 rounds. It's possible they'll only do 12 but there is still room for more (or less) rounds. They should have the actual list before the year is over. Then we'll know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts