IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone.. or is there anyone using these struts on their STi? i tried to search ... i could not find much. I have an 04 sti. The struts were making all of these wierd sound. Everytime it hits a bump it sounds like it is hitting something. I was hoping after my spring install this sound will go away... I guess not. I am thinking about changing out my struts by year end. I don't have money for Ohlins... so i might have to resort to this. So if there is anyone using these struts, how do you like them?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
since you have a MY04 you could do the Koni adjustables in WRX housings :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
Z1 Performance said:
they are not going to the your ideal choice, as they are valved completely wrong.

Your best bet is the SPT STi Strut/Spring package which goes for around$1450 for the set of 4 struts and 4 springs, or perhaps a set of KW Variant 1

I'm curious how these are made so wrong for the STi? I'm running them, and they seem okay, but maybe I'm missing something. Could you explain in detail? That would be awesome.;)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
T3h_Clap said:
since you have a MY04 you could do the Koni adjustables in WRX housings :D
indeed :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have the RA 4-way struts and springs.. the struts are made by KYB... they seem very similar to the AGX's hmmm

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
hp1000 said:
everyone.. or is there anyone using these struts on their STi? i tried to search ... i could not find much. I have an 04 sti. The struts were making all of these wierd sound. Everytime it hits a bump it sounds like it is hitting something. I was hoping after my spring install this sound will go away... I guess not. I am thinking about changing out my struts by year end. I don't have money for Ohlins... so i might have to resort to this. So if there is anyone using these struts, how do you like them?

sounds like you have the strut clunk... warranty?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I can see a diffence in weight and differences in springs, but what if you run different springs? How do spring rates correlate to adjustable shock/struts? I am running the GF210s with the KYBs and they are fine. Maybe it feels fine only because I haven't driven anyone elses STi. Is that fair to say, or is something like that set up similar to others running something OTHER than stock springs??

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yeah. I can see that. As stated before, I have nothing to compare them to other than the stock set up. My ride is definatly harsh and stiff. There's no float at all. I just wish I had something to sompare them to. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts