IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, look... I am not the photographer that DARKSTI is :bow:. Additionally I am using a mediocre camera, and I use auto-focus :rofl:. Post-processing is freebee Picasa :eek:, sooo... these are not in the same league as DARK. Having said that, I think some are pretty decent :D. Also I didn't pay for admission to get these - I poached 'em from outside the fence :evilbanan. Here goes...

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Those arent as bad as you think KS, what camera/lense? Don't be ashamed about using AF, shooting moving objects, 99% of pros use it. The first two are great!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DARKSTI said:
Those arent as bad as you think KS, what camera/lense? Don't be ashamed about using AF, shooting moving objects, 99% of pros use it. The first two are great!
Thanks. I had no idea the AF was used so much. I spend most of the time while getting a shot just waiting for the camera to give me the green brackets. You liked the first two best? I have a couple more then. I'll post later.

Teh camera? Lense? You'll love this. It's a $400 Kodak EasyShare with a built-in 10x optical zoom. 5 megapixel I believe. It comes with a kewl docking station where you just press one button and it transfers all the pics<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:24pt; height:24pt'/><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--> :rolleyes:<!--[endif]-->. Sweet...

The cops were a big hassle today. It didn't used to be like that. I think the kids thought it was great that we were being accosted by them repeatedly.

Me: "Don't look at them, Audrey. Maybe they'll leave us alone."

Cop: "Sir... SIR! Is that your car parked up the road?"

Me: "Yes it is. I didn't see any cones there, so I thought it was okay."

Cop: "No sir, you'll have to move it. The people here don't like you parking in front of their house."

Me: "No problem. Say though... what law exactly am I breaking? I mean I live in <st1 =""><st1 ="">this county</st1><st1 =""></st1></st1>, so my taxes help pay for these roads, right? Does that mean if I see somebody parked in front of my house down in NW Reno that I don't know... I can call you guys on them?"

Cop: "Just move your car, sir. Understand?"

Me: "Crystal clear. Come on kids. Let's go down to East 4th and score some meth and get us a few hookers."

Alex: "What are hookers?"

Audrey: "Shhh! Alex!"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some more. Don't get me wrong, I think these shots are good, but DARK's camera/lense brings out phenominal detail and clarity, especially compared to these.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
To tell ya the truth, you arent far off. You have a bit more noise than I like, but most are pretty damn sharp. I am actually scared if you ever get a SLR :eek: :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually have an inside line at Gordon's Photo. Maybe I should pick up a used SLR (or whatever) when one comes in for trade. But then I'd have to learn all those fancy photography terms. BTW Gordon's is a great bunch of folks if you didn't already know that.

I like this cheaper camera because I don't have to worry about it too much in the winter when I out in the snow, etc.

Most of the noise is from the cropping and tweaking in Picasa... I think.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Yea, I just had a few of the jet pictures enlarged, I am picking them up tommorow :) Don be afraid of the SLR, it will be worth it:)
knucklesplitter said:
I actually have an inside line at Gordon's Photo. Maybe I should pick up a used SLR (or whatever) when one comes in for trade. But then I'd have to learn all those fancy photography terms. BTW Gordon's is a great bunch of folks if you didn't already know that.

I like this cheaper camera because I don't have to worry about it too much in the winter when I out in the snow, etc.

Most of the noise is from the cropping and tweaking in Picasa... I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts