JDM sidemarkers
Customized Autospeed black bumper trim
Debadged rear

Interior:
Defi Amber boost gauge
Relocated AUX input in center console
Additional cigarette outlet in center console
Hardwired Bel RX65 Pro radar detector
Hardwired bluetooth headset and phone charger in ash tray (old aux port location)
Autospeed dead pedal
Modded seats (side support FTW!)

Power:
Automatic Intercooler sprayer (set to 9psi) Thanks WolfPlayer!

Suspension:
none yet...but i'll take donations if you want to help speed things up.

Future Plans:
Well as you can tell I'm taking it pretty slow. The wifey and I are saving up for a house, so for the time being the car is a bit lower priority. The plan is to make this a fast and reliable DD on the stock turbo. Suspension will probably just be RCE springs and a RSB. I'll probably get a Cobb DA-SS and some bushings to clean up the shifts. Then for more power, I'm planning the following:
TBE+AP
Maddad or Prosport headers (to be decided)
ACPT CF DS
APS TMIC
APS CAI (not sure if I'll go 70mm or 65mm)
APS Inlet
Fuel Pump
Injectors (not sure what kind as of yet)

I'm also considering getting an E85 tune when I finally get everything together and go for a protune. That should really make for some fun. With the new '07 gears I'm hoping I'll be able to hit 11's on the stock turbo after some practice.

Posts with pics:
Post 26: day after I picked her up
Post 51: some pics taken by my brother (not very good unfortuanatly)
Post 54: boost gauge and defi control unit installed
Post 72: aux port relocation
Post 77: Seats, Cigarette outlet in center console, and the aftermath from a jackass who doesn't know how to pull out of a parking space.
Post 81: Modded autospeed bumper trim
Post 88: cleared headlights and JDM sidemarkers

Pics the day I picked her up:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats and good luck with breaking her in. I don't think my STi had even 100 miles before I let her loose.:D I could'nt help it:D Not one problem yet and she has 23k. :cool:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuzz said:
Congrats and good luck with breaking her in. I don't think my STi had even 100 miles before I let her loose.:D I could'nt help it:D Not one problem yet and she has 23k. :cool:
Thanks. and thats encouraging...i've hit about 5000 once or twice, but i'm getting used to keeping her in her cage. I've only spent a grand total of probably 10 minutes in any turbo car before today, so it takes some getting used to and first gear has surprised me a few times. I cant wait to unleash her.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Congrats, have fun and good luck with your STi :D

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
glad to hear guys getting 07's for invoice! my friend is gonna try to get an 07 legacy spec B for invoice this weekend. :)

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
nice....love hte color

·
Registered
434 Posts
KrazyKarl said:
Thanks. and thats encouraging...i've hit about 5000 once or twice, but i'm getting used to keeping her in her cage. I've only spent a grand total of probably 10 minutes in any turbo car before today, so it takes some getting used to and first gear has surprised me a few times. I cant wait to unleash her.
:lol: Sorry man. I know it's hard. When I test drove it I just gave 1st a little bit and I was like:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: So after that I just had to feel what it had. I only unleashed her a few times other than that I was gentle. Be good to her while she's young and you wont regret it:cool: If I could do it over again I would have treated her better. Good luck

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congratulations!!

Hey man, congratulation for your new purchase, and especially for keeping the revs bellow 4000!! I just got mine also, (5 hours ago!!!) but its a 05 with 10 000 kms.. Freakin fun isnt it... its raining here, and I just found out not to floor the first gear around a corner :lol:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great purchase. Treat her right in the beginning and you won't regret it. Have fun. The engine really doesn't start to loosen up until about 5K mi. Then the true nature of the boxer takes over. There is nothing better that the shove on your spine with the peddle hits the metal and the turbo begins to whine.

·
Registered
947 Posts
wow, and i was going to trade my car in for the 06, screw that, i love your color!!!!

so saying you got in for invoice means you paid ~35k OTD?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
jep said:
Hey man, congratulation for your new purchase, and especially for keeping the revs bellow 4000!! I just got mine also, (5 hours ago!!!) but its a 05 with 10 000 kms.. Freakin fun isnt it... its raining here, and I just found out not to floor the first gear around a corner :lol:
Hey congrats to you too. I've always loved the '05s.

Yeah I'm loving the color, I didnt think I'd like it as much as I do, but its really great. Origonally I wanted SGM, but by the time I got close to buying (july) they told me they'd stopped ordering any new ones, and all the ones at the dealers I could find had 100+ miles on them. But as it turns out, I think I like UGM better, so all's well.

and yeah it was a hair under 35K OTD plus about a hundred bucks for the tint.

oh and one other thing I forgot to mention, is the rear seat pass through also made it to the regular STIs for '07, so those looking for the passthrough wont have to buy canadian seats anymore.

So I guess I should go ahead and answer the question that I'll start getting soon...I'm going to keep it light on mods until I pay off some credit card debt (my fiance and I built some up paying for our wedding here in a few weeks) so beyond the defi boost gauge i ordered yesterday, I probably wont do anything (maybe some cobb springs) for about 6 months. after that, I'll decide based on what I've learned from the car. as far as looks go, i'm thinking about trying to find a wingless trunk and buying the S204 wing for it and getting the vlim lip. on the performance side, not really sure what I want since this is the first performance car I've ever owned. not sure where I'll be satisfied...

anyways thanks for all the comments, and thanks for makin this such a great place to hang out and get info!

I LOVE THIS CAR!

·
Premium Member
14,740 Posts
Wow, very nice.....and congrats....def take some pics of the car in the daylight!!!! MORE PICS:)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
XfactorSTi said:
did the car some with those center caps?
yup she sure did. I'm assuming that theyre standard on the '07s now, I didn't ask for them and they didnt try to bill me for them.

So I have a question to all you STI owners...how do you make it through the work day? haha this is horrible, I cant wait for the day to be over so I can drive some more. I find myself looking out the window at the parking lot at her all the time. man this is more difficult than i expected.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts