IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the following question, but I'll ask anyway...just to be sure. When I took off my stock Potenzas last Fall, I didn't pay attention to which wheel came from the front, and which wheel came from the back. While I'm not going to be putting them back on for a little while yet (l live in Maine), I was wondering if there is anything I could look for that would indicate whic tired went on the front and which went on the back. I know...dumb question. But like I said, I had to ask.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you never rotated them, you should be able to tell the fronts by extra wear on the outside edge.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
off topic

Easy to tell...

The cris-crossed "Z" pattern is the outside.

Or look on the sidewall. It says OUTSIDE meaning that that is end facing the street.

·
Registered
260 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
Easy to tell...

Or look on the sidewall. It says OUTSIDE meaning that that is end facing the street.
You can't tell which wheel goes where because all 4 are tires are mounted exactly the same. This has been posted before but the tires have an inside and outside but it is NOT directional so the tires could rotate OK on either the right or the left side.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
drewster said:
STi_Thunder said:
Easy to tell...

You can't tell which wheel goes where because all 4 are tires are mounted exactly the same. This has been posted before but the tires have an inside and outside but it is NOT directional so the tires could rotate OK on either the right or the left side.
As you said, they are not directional. So there's no need to determine which one is left or right. Just Outside is what matters.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ultimate Rice Killer

OK you are right. I thought he was asking if there was a way of determining which direction the tires originally rotated and in turn figure out which corner the tire came off of. Some people think it's important to keep the rotation in the same direction when remounting and others don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts