IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my 2008 Spark Silver / BBS package STi!!! I picked the car up on May 29th (traded a 2007 GMC Sierra Denali for it).

Last Update:
12/17/08: NEW PICS UP ON PAGE 2, POST #29!!!

Current Mods:
-Rally Armor Urethane/Silver logo mud flaps
-Dealer installed XM Radio
-OEM Cargo Nets (seat back and rear for hatch area)
-Perrin Cat-Back

Winter Set-up:
Rota G-Force 17X8 +48 offset
BFGoodrich Traction T/A 225/50-17 tires

Future Plans:
-New tires to replace worn out stockers in spring (maybe)
-Pay it off.

Rock Chips So Far: :(
1 on the roof; of all places. Multiple chips on hood and quarter panels...

Miles as of 12/17/2008: 18,500 and counting.

Brand new:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
kbb~ those are some sweet pics of your ssm sti! congrats! didn't see the access port listed on your planned list of mods~ you should really look into that~ the stock tune is doo doo... driver her for a few months and you'll see what im talking about... the access port is probably best mod i've got on my car. :cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i was just viewing and commenting on ur journal on crsx. congrats again
lol thanks!

kbb~ those are some sweet pics of your ssm sti! congrats! didn't see the access port listed on your planned list of mods~ you should really look into that~ the stock tune is doo doo... driver her for a few months and you'll see what im talking about... the access port is probably best mod i've got on my car. :cool:
Thank you. Is the Access Port like a power programmer? How does it work?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Thank you. Is the Access Port like a power programmer? How does it work?
i guess you can say its power programmer~ the access port is offered by cobb and can also be bought from perrin. it changes the stock tuning maps of the factory which are basically crap. when i had my car in stock tune, i felt hesitations and stuttering. the new programs smoothed out the hesitations while increasing tq and hp in your powerband. it is fairly easy to install and works by plugging into the obdII plug under your drivers dash.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess you can say its power programmer~ the access port is offered by cobb and can also be bought from perrin. it changes the stock tuning maps of the factory which are basically crap. when i had my car in stock tune, i felt hesitations and stuttering. the new programs smoothed out the hesitations while increasing tq and hp in your powerband. it is fairly easy to install and works by plugging into the obdII plug under your drivers dash.
Huh, I'll have to look into it.

One from todays ride:

·
pwn n00bs
18,208 Posts
looks like the actual pipes for the tips aren't 3", but that shouldn't effect anything.
love perrin's exhaust, how does it sound? i know that i love my perrin catback i had on my 05.
but i might wanna go all invidia this time around.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
yeah i also would like to know how that Perrin exhaust sounds...the video on youtube is with the equal length headers and i would like to hear it without the headers so if possible could you post a video of the exhaust in car and out of car?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
let us know if both those tips blacken up on the inside..
i really like the single outlets. i think.

so it's not 3" throughout?
debadge that b*tch..
10,000 miles on the clock (I love to drive it lol) and no black soot in the tips which I also find amazing. Its going in for the recall/retune on Friday so possibly that may change things. Its full 3" to the muffler but its about 2-1/4 out of the muffler to each tip, like someone else said its no problem.

yeah i also would like to know how that Perrin exhaust sounds...the video on youtube is with the equal length headers and i would like to hear it without the headers so if possible could you post a video of the exhaust in car and out of car?
I would if I had something that recorded video. Maybe I'll see if one of my friends with a point and shoot camera that records video can help me out sometime.

I really like the exhaust, it seems to have gotten a little louder since I have put it on and it has the nice low rumble at low RPM's. I have yet to hear it outside the car but everyone says it sounds great.:tup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts