IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xona Rotor 7864, built motor, Pnp heads, +1mm bigger valves, Kelford 272 cams, Cosworth IM. Just swapped the headers, same run conditions, same psi:

No additional lag, just pure power and gains underneath the curve :) Definitely worth the upgrade :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Nice 1!! Given your set up thats a HUGE pick up just from swapping a from one ELH to another.

I wonder how the MAP header would do when compared to these. It looks like a real nice piece just not alot of data on it.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Thanks for posting User!

We often get asked... 'my setup is so-and-so, how much power will I make?' I try to avoid answering because there is no one size fits all answer. In short, power gain from the headers scale up with power because you're improving the VE of the engine, as well as energy transfer from exhaust port to turbine. So for example (and I'm just throwing numbers around here) a stock STi might make 15-20whp, while a 800whp car may make 60whp.

·
Registered
342 Posts
+1 on highly desirable between function and form on top of quality materials! been through to many cars that had issues with manifold after manifold, was glad to find killer b had been around a while after I got back into an sti and given the community some awesome pieces!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for posting User!

We often get asked... 'my setup is so-and-so, how much power will I make?' I try to avoid answering because there is no one size fits all answer. In short, power gain from the headers scale up with power because you're improving the VE of the engine, as well as energy transfer from exhaust port to turbine. So for example (and I'm just throwing numbers around here) a stock STi might make 15-20whp, while a 800whp car may make 60whp.
I am more than Happy with the V2 Killer B holy headers im running. And not just because of the superior materials used. Spool is noticeably quicker!

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Xona Rotor 7864, built motor, Pnp heads, +1mm bigger valves, Kelford 272 cams, Cosworth IM. Just swapped the headers, same run conditions, same psi:

No additional lag, just pure power and gains underneath the curve :) Definitely worth the upgrade :)

When compared with my old tune at 32psi, switching to KillerB headers from EL tomei allowed me to make more power with 3 less psi :)
sorry I cant see the pics, what are the numbers?
420 to 620

Uh no,
577 ->622 in the first one +10 torque
579-> 613 in the last one +5 torque

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts