IW STi Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the info. On the GDs there is a boss on the bottom of the fan shroud. It's actually meant to hold a trans cooler line for an OXT, but has no purpose on the STi. With a thicker radiator, that boss and header can be close. You can cut it completely off, and that should gain you back plenty of clearance.

I've only seen this on the dyno, but maybe at speed the force in the shroud caused it to tear and move further back that what I've seen on the dyno. Shoot me some pics here or via e-mail if you can. I'd like to be able to see what you're seeing.
Pretty sure it's completely gone now 😆
Just got home from the track last night... I'm going to pull the fan out tonight or tomorrow and I'll send you over some pics.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I used the adapter to monitor oil temp and oil pressure. The adpater was too thick, It didn't have enough room to thread on the oil filter.
I recommend using the OEM pressure switch port for pressure and the pan for temp. This is pretty much the standard, will provide you with fewer potential leak points, cost less, and you will not lose any clearance to headers.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts