·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another update. We recently started testing our AOS produced in 3d printed nylon. Same performance but reduced cost. Thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a question regarding my 08-14 killer b AOS.

on my killer b AOS, the crank case inlet hose is 5/8". the nipple on the AOS is a weld-on unit and is clearly 3/4".

why isn't the weld on nipple 5/8" in size like the crank case return that's at the top of the AOS? (I'm not asking for it to be the crazy over-engineered fitting as cited above, just 5/8" in OD for a 5/8" ID hose).

the hose supplied for crank case inlet was 5/8" in ID, this had to be stretched onto the 3/4" OD nipple, which makes that connection a one time use. the hose cannot be removed without some tearing of the hose end.

I feel like some extra 3/4" ID hose and a reducer of some sort should be included to prevent this type of thing, or just make that fitting 5/8" OD.

what's the reasoning behind this?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The port on the block is 3/4", so we kept the line and AOS port the same size. The (outlet) port on the AOS is 5/8" and we have a 3/4" option as well.

Are you saying you received no 3/4" line? There should have been two of them in the kit. One short and one long. Stretching a 5/8" hose over a 3/4" fitting is not something we'd ever recommend, but if you did it... I'm impressed! Our hose doesn't have a lot of stretch to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
so after buying a bunch of reducers and elbows, I have discovered that the hose is indeed 3/4", tight. the weld on barb on the AOS is just slightly too big. the same issue isn't present in the barb at the top of the AOS.

this all came about because the hose supplied (which is indeed 3/4") was too short and put a kink in the house when installed. I wanted to install a hose support spring inside the hose in order to get rid of the kink. I was trying to remove the hose from the AOS barb and the hose ripped on the end.

now I'm stuck in the quandary of whether I should try to get a longer 3/4" hose and still be left with a one time use hose connection at the AOS, or figure out something else.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts