IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has experience with this system?

I really like it because the silver matches the interior and the orange color matches the gauges.

What are some high quality speakers I can go with?

Thanks,

P.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, guess nobody wants to help.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, appreciate the speaker recommandation. It said they were $300, is that for 1 speaker?

One of my friends recommanded Infinity.

By the way, are JBL amps good?

Thanks, appreciate your help.

P.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Peleg said:
Thanks man, appreciate the speaker recommandation. It said they were $300, is that for 1 speaker?

One of my friends recommanded Infinity.

By the way, are JBL amps good?

Thanks, appreciate your help.

P.
For $300, you get two 6-1/2" speakers, two 1" tweeters and two crossovers.

Infinity Kappa's are really good speakers but fairly pricey.

JBL amps are the ish, great quality at a reasonable price.

You're Welcome.

8)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No

I'm trying to stay within the $800 budget. (Haven't bought the car yet, but figured I start researching, 5-6 more weeks for my car)

I found the unit for $279, so that leaves me with $521.

I'm not into subwoofers and all that, so that's out of the picture.

Would you recommand a set of 6.5" in the back and 5.25" in the front or should I make all the speakers the same size.

My friend wants to sell me this 160 x 4 W JBL Amp for cheap. I know the amp pushes more power to the speakers, so with the head unit that should pump around 350 Watts, more than enough for me.

If I do get the amp, where do you recommand mounting it?

Also, do I need to buy the fitment kit for the speakers or should a good shop be able to handle all that?

Thanks,

P.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pistons

Peleg said:
I'm trying to stay within the $800 budget. (Haven't bought the car yet, but figured I start researching, 5-6 more weeks for my car)

I found the unit for $279, so that leaves me with $521.

I'm not into subwoofers and all that, so that's out of the picture.

Would you recommand a set of 6.5" in the back and 5.25" in the front or should I make all the speakers the same size.

My friend wants to sell me this 160 x 4 W JBL Amp for cheap. I know the amp pushes more power to the speakers, so with the head unit that should pump around 350 Watts, more than enough for me.

If I do get the amp, where do you recommand mounting it?

Also, do I need to buy the fitment kit for the speakers or should a good shop be able to handle all that?

Thanks,

P.
not sure you got your amp yet. It just happens that i revisit this posting...

I just got myself one of these...very good deal. I hope it's as good as it seems when it arrive. =)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3079401360&category=39742

It goes above $250s in other sites and $299+ in stores. check it out. btw..I jusst order these speakers - Polk DB6500 and Polk DB525. Can't wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts