277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished doing my shifter, which included:

Kartboy Lever
Kartboy knob
Kartboy Front/Rear Stay Bushings
Shift Linkage Bushings
Tranny X-member bushings

I'm a total neophyte with working on my own car, so I was a bit apprehensive... However, the instructions were easy to follow, and I got everything right the first time. No problems, no weird noises or anything. The throw is WAY shorter, and shifting feels solid and tight. This is an unbelievable improvement, and I'm in love with my car all over again. Props to Kartboy/TiC for prompt shipping and excellent service. If you're considering doing this mod, do it! And if I can manage this install, you can too.

-E

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
nice! get some pivot bushings too from tic and your shifter will be set!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Clint said they were out of stock... and they shouldn't be too rough to add later.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey I got a quick question! I just installed my kartboy shifter and im in love! Now, im thinking about brushings. what brushings should i get and what brand?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Chris' sti said:
Hey I got a quick question! I just installed my kartboy shifter and im in love! Now, im thinking about brushings. what brushings should i get and what brand?
TiC of course! Plenty of great experiences on this site. www.Turninconcepts.com

I would recommend one of the bundle packages, but be sure to make sure what you currently have is not part of the bundle.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I just did the tic 6mt shifter pivot bushings, very easy install. I applied grease on the inside the metal sleeve, bolt and lip of the bushings. I already have the KB ss, and lower bushings. Last would be the Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay Bushing. So far it feels great, precise short shifts. What will the rear shifter stays do for me? Will it stiffen up the side to side motion?

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
calisti said:
I just did the tic 6mt shifter pivot bushings, very easy install. I applied grease on the inside the metal sleeve, bolt and lip of the bushings. I already have the KB ss, and lower bushings. Last would be the Kartboy Rear Shifter Stay Bushing. So far it feels great, precise short shifts. What will the rear shifter stays do for me? Will it stiffen up the side to side motion?
The rear bushing will help the forward/back feeling. if you're getting side to side play look into our linkage bushings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts