IW STi Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got a new screen for my old accessport. Screen was burnt out and I ignored it because I planned on upgrading. With the new cobb updates, I’ll be keeping this one (and old old software that’ll let me tune through this v2). Hopefully I don’t mess up the install which will likely be Sunday.
After that. Buying fuel system parts to run ethanol.

Attachments

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i just realized i havent updated this in a few months.

so i got the old V2 accessport taken apart, got the new screen put in, reassembled and it worked flawlessly. i'll get pics before long. i'll try to remember to do so tomorrow.

my wife and I are currently in the process of selling our house, and while most of the proceeds will be going towards a downpayment for the new house, my wife told me to take 1500 to buy the rear oem flares (mine are cracked), a new oem replica front lip (old one is long gone lol) and wrap the car. so hopefully this will be done in the next couple of months and the car will look good again. pictures dont show it but the whole back half of the car has the clear coat failing/flaking. so i'll have to sand it down and put some rattle can primer and then sand that smooth. i wont be fixing every little dent and such, there really isnt many dents, but that's more money for a body shop and since i do plan on doing some light tracking with it and only wrapping, i figure it's not necessary/worth the money.

hopefully the wrap goes well and I can update this thread before too awful long with the process of that.

also worth noting that although i mentioned aero before, that plan was scrapped as the class i want to race in will not allow it. glad i didnt buy it earlier and get bumped into yet a higher class. lol.

· Registered
440 Posts
Sounds exciting, what color wrap are you going with? Are you doing it yourself? Good luck with the house stuff, I'm going to start the buying process in a few months...excited to get out of my townhouse and not have to live so close to people (I've learned I'm not a city person).

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sounds exciting, what color wrap are you going with? Are you doing it yourself? Good luck with the house stuff, I'm going to start the buying process in a few months...excited to get out of my townhouse and not have to live so close to people (I've learned I'm not a city person).
i'm not a city person either haah. if you want to move to front royal you can buy my house haha. we like it but we want a different neigbhorhood with more young kids, since we are having a kid soon. we are planning to move to inwood WV, which will be pretty close to summit point motorsports park, which could be fun haha.

as far as the color i'm leaning towards 3m gloss anthricite, it's just slightly darker than the oem paint, and glossy to look more like paint than a wrap. i have a friend of mine who's family owns a body shop and has done wrap for years, he and I are gonna do it in his garage (which is a detached garage that is basically a full shop) over a weekend. so kinda myself, but with a buddy to help who has the experience. he has constantly said not to pay him aside from dinner and beer, but i'll still toss him like 500 for the help.

· Registered
440 Posts
i'm not a city person either haah. if you want to move to front royal you can buy my house haha. we like it but we want a different neigbhorhood with more young kids, since we are having a kid soon. we are planning to move to inwood WV, which will be pretty close to summit point motorsports park, which could be fun haha.

as far as the color i'm leaning towards 3m gloss anthricite, it's just slightly darker than the oem paint, and glossy to look more like paint than a wrap. i have a friend of mine who's family owns a body shop and has done wrap for years, he and I are gonna do it in his garage (which is a detached garage that is basically a full shop) over a weekend. so kinda myself, but with a buddy to help who has the experience. he has constantly said not to pay him aside from dinner and beer, but i'll still toss him like 500 for the help.
That will be cool living close to summit point, doesn't Mach V run the pro shop? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere. Will you still be commuting into town for work? I'm hoping to get into a remote/hybrid position next year so I can spend more time messing with my car...I mean working. I like the gloss wraps over the matte finishes, that color will be nice and it's good you have experienced help!

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
That will be cool living close to summit point, doesn't Mach V run the pro shop? I seem to remember seeing that somewhere. Will you still be commuting into town for work? I'm hoping to get into a remote/hybrid position next year so I can spend more time messing with my car...I mean working. I like the gloss wraps over the matte finishes, that color will be nice and it's good you have experienced help!
they did, i think they still do. i havent heard of mach v not running said shop lol. so i'm like 99% sure they still own/operate it.

and i'll still be commuting. unfortunately i cant work from home in my current position. so i'll have to commute from inwood wv to chantilly va for work. i commute from front royal now and honestly going to inwood is like 3 miles further, maybe 4. cant remember exactly. but not much. i think it adds like 10m to my commute. which is long lol. but a house in inwood is 344k for new construction single family with 1/4 acre, getting that same house near chantilly, easily 550k, probably more. so that's why i commute lol. and i have a beater civic for now. next year i'll buy my wife an SUV and take her 2020 sentra (really like her sentra for a daily).

and nice. i'd love to have a remote/hybrid position. so much. my wife applied/interviewed for one this past monday, hopefully she gets it. it would be the same company she's with now so i'm hoping she gets it.

and yeah i prefer gloss too. if i could afford it i'd like paint. but since it's not a perfect show car, i figure wrap will look great, be less maintenance, and cheaper, and less likely to flake from rocks on track/street. i think i have a sample of the color i can post up too haha. if i remember. i drove the car to work today which was fun. that and the accessport screen i need to snap photos of are in there

· Registered
440 Posts
Hopefully your wife gets that position! I'm just tired of being in an office all day, I've been doing this daily grind for the past 30 years so I'm ready for a change. I wonder how much a good paint jobs cost these days? I bet you have some good roads on your commute, I drove out to Skiline a few weeks back and encountered some twisty's, had the dogs so I was in my Outback, but wished I would have taken my STI.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hopefully your wife gets that position! I'm just tired of being in an office all day, I've been doing this daily grind for the past 30 years so I'm ready for a change. I wonder how much a good paint jobs cost these days? I bet you have some good roads on your commute, I drove out to Skiline a few weeks back and encountered some twisty's, had the dogs so I was in my Outback, but wished I would have taken my STI.
skyline is so fun. my current home that we are about to sell is like 5 minutes from the front royal entrance to skyline drive. i have gone up there a few times in the evening. during the day there are alot of hikers so going out at night is better for slightly spirited driving lol.

and yeah i get that. ive done all sorts of jobs, but now have a career, it's in IT, and honestly it's kinda boring haha. but it pays well and ive been here with this company for 2 years so far. praying they give us a cost of living adjustment with our annual increase this year, they have had rumors of it but nothing confirmed, so i'm not really holding my breath.

and i really just take 66 to 28, so all highway, but when i take the STi i'll take some back roads for fun, there is one in front royal i'll take on my way home that has about a mile of twisties that is a fun road.

· Registered
440 Posts
skyline is so fun. my current home that we are about to sell is like 5 minutes from the front royal entrance to skyline drive. i have gone up there a few times in the evening. during the day there are alot of hikers so going out at night is better for slightly spirited driving lol.

and yeah i get that. ive done all sorts of jobs, but now have a career, it's in IT, and honestly it's kinda boring haha. but it pays well and ive been here with this company for 2 years so far. praying they give us a cost of living adjustment with our annual increase this year, they have had rumors of it but nothing confirmed, so i'm not really holding my breath.

and i really just take 66 to 28, so all highway, but when i take the STi i'll take some back roads for fun, there is one in front royal i'll take on my way home that has about a mile of twisties that is a fun road.
IT is a good field to be in! I used to be IT and moved into Cybersecurity compliance, which is very boring. Hopefully you'll see a decent pay increase as inflation keeps rising. The government should be setting the COLA increase in a few days from now, so that's good to be an good indicator on a national level, I believe they are predicting somewhere around 8% even after they raised it 5% last year.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yeah I think so too. I’m hoping I can get it done before too long. I’ve also debated on a glossy white lol. I really can’t decide.

and yeah unfortunately I’m a contractor. Not gov. So idk if we will get a cost of living adjustment. But I’m in policy drivenIT. It’s boring but pays well and has good room for improvement

· Super Moderator
10,915 Posts
Things sound as if they are moving in a positive direction. Looking forward to seeing posts about the car after wrap.

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Things sound as if they are moving in a positive direction. Looking forward to seeing posts about the car after wrap.
Hopefully. The big worry currently is selling our house lol. So far we have had 2 showings. Granted. It’s been 1.5 days since it was listed and it’s a holiday weekend. So we may get more soon

but thanks. I’m excited to get it wrapped and looking good again. Really hoping it’ll happenover the winter.

· Super Moderator
10,915 Posts
Hopefully. The big worry currently is selling our house lol. So far we have had 2 showings. Granted. It’s been 1.5 days since it was listed and it’s a holiday weekend. So we may get more soon

but thanks. I’m excited to get it wrapped and looking good again. Really hoping it’ll happenover the winter.
Market is crazy around here, a house across the street from me sold 3 times this year! May, then flipped in August after 3 days on market then sold again 3 days on market in September. SMDH

· Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Market is crazy around here, a house across the street from me sold 3 times this year! May, then flipped in August after 3 days on market then sold again 3 days on market in September. SMDH
as of like 5 minutes ago we have one offer. it's not bad, we'd need a tad more than what they are offering but overall looks like it'll sell fairly quickly. fingers crossed.

Nice! I remember when IT and Engineers were the stereotype WRX owners, not sure what it is these days, but sure does beat having the Vape stereotype.
lol i think i'm one of like 3 subaru people i know who does NOT vape haha. that's still very much a stereotype haha. and both the other guys i knew sold their STis, although one of them (my former roomate) is looking to get another and found a really really nice 07 STi he's considering, 70k original miles, IAG block and dom 2.5xtr turbo on it. super clean build with very very high quality parts, and reciepts for everything. he's been wanting another one for quite some time so i hope he gets it. he's currently basking in not having a car payment after having paid off his daily like a month or two ago so idk if he will lol. definitely the cleanest one he's sent me though.

and my job in IT is as an information system security officer. it's fairly boring as it's policy driven, but it's not terrible overall.

· Registered
440 Posts
as of like 5 minutes ago we have one offer. it's not bad, we'd need a tad more than what they are offering but overall looks like it'll sell fairly quickly. fingers crossed.

lol i think i'm one of like 3 subaru people i know who does NOT vape haha. that's still very much a stereotype haha. and both the other guys i knew sold their STis, although one of them (my former roomate) is looking to get another and found a really really nice 07 STi he's considering, 70k original miles, IAG block and dom 2.5xtr turbo on it. super clean build with very very high quality parts, and reciepts for everything. he's been wanting another one for quite some time so i hope he gets it. he's currently basking in not having a car payment after having paid off his daily like a month or two ago so idk if he will lol. definitely the cleanest one he's sent me though.

and my job in IT is as an information system security officer. it's fairly boring as it's policy driven, but it's not terrible overall.
I don't vape either....maybe we need a support group.:ROFLMAO: I'm super familiar with the ISSO role, it's changed quite a bit over the years and I'm happy with the direction it's taking as cybersecurity matures, It's a good field to be in! It is boring, but the older I get the more I enjoy boring.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts