IW STi Forum banner

Karlot’s journal/autocross/trackcross build

10511 Views 105 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Karlot
Hi all. I’ve been talking quite a bit but I haven’t yet started a journal. When I initially got my 06 STi I wanted to make around 350whp and do a little bit of autocross. Hit that goal a few years back. Currently I am now getting into trackcross locally (think autocross timer, on a road course, without the back straight). Anyway. The car currently has a built motor/20g setup. It’s fun but I’m constantly trying to make it better. I’ll post a full mod list and some pics. First set of pics is the day I picked the car up in 2013

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 3 of 106 Posts
I love these journals and may do one myself. I do like the splitter too, did you say you made this one like we discussed before?
Reactions: 1
this one was made out of alumilite by a friend of mine. he used it on his 07 sti and i got it second hand when he went to a HUGE carbon one. sadly the splitter was ripped off the car (not intentionally), when putting it onto a trailer to build the engine. i'll be getting a new one that will be chassis mounted in the next month or so. gonna buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend before i get the splitter.
Wife > Car

:)
Reactions: 3
haha yeah. on top of the ring we also just bought a house, which was incredibly well maintained, but very dated. so we have updated the whole house, new floors, paint, landscaping, light fixtures etc. so that's also taking money haha. although hopefully this summer ill have a wing and splitter and have the car vinyl wrapped.
Thats up next for us too. I'm going to buy an old one for sure since I like to work on it and I'll probably sell it and push the profits into a farm. I want COWS hahahahaha
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 106 Posts