IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: Alright guys here is another winner. I bought a green filter from a local Subaru dealer are into performance tuning. They told me it flows more air than the K&N. I dont know if it does or not. It looks just like a K&N except that it is green rather than red. It works great.

The thing is that I need a cleaner and oil kit (part no. 2000 from greenfiltersusa.com) I contacted gree filters and was told that they can not ship to Puerto Rico. I explained to green filter that PR is part of the US and we have the same USPS Service, in addition to OPS and FedEx. However, the guy thought I was arguing with him andf here I am in PR with a green filter installed and no way of purchasing cleaner and oil for it.

Any of you guys know where I can obtain cleaner and oil from the internet?

Even worst, green filter does not conduct business with anybody in PR so I have no idea how Autos Plaza (Subaru dealer) got a hold of them.

Well I guess this is enough xxxxx for now. Thanks to all in advance

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmmm ... people have said problems with the oil from k&N filters messing up MAFs and that they dont filter well enough for a turbocharged car. I have had k&N on every car i've owned except this one , as Im going all perrin (or at least what I can). See if you can buy the k&n cleaner? Im sure its the same thing, so that should clean just as well. Good Luck too ya!

Robert~

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert,
The only reason I went with green or K&N for that matter is to avoid warranty problems. I guess I could use K&N cleaner and oil, only that the filter will change colors. I would really like to go Perin like you (Short that is) but ... :roll:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaning the Engine?

Hey Robert,
I just went to the Perrin web site. I noticed that their filters, wether box drop-in, or short/cold intakes also use a cleaner solution and oil. Is this any different from K&N or green?

Luis.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
hmm good question as the short ram's filter was COVERED in oil... i still have it leak some in my engine bay ... I wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the same... oil = oil and the only reason k&N is red , is be cause of the dye they put in it (says on their cleaning kit as i have bought a few). Hope this helps. Good luck!

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
Any other drop in filters that don't use Oiling kit other than STi filter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts