IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely love it...

My camera is a crappy 2.1 and my photography skills are weak, but here a few pictures....At 850 miles right now....can't wait till 1,000!

Any suggestions on a first mod?

Cobb AccessPort? Exhaust??

Plan on tracking it down the road, but thats quite a ways away.
I did the Skip Barber 3-day racing school last year, but haven't had time yet for the adv. 2-day or open track days.

Thanks guys!

Mike

·
Registered
637 Posts
Congrats man. In my opinion you should drive it stock for a couple of months to get the feel of the car, especially if this is your first subaru/awd turbo car. The car is so capable that most of us even on this site can't use the car to its fullest in stock form (me included). You are on the right track with the Barber stuff too, keep it up.
If you must mod like we all do, I would suggest taking a different route than most here and work on suspension mods first. The car needs a slightly bigger front swaybar and more front neg. camber off the bat. Those two things will make a huge difference and are relatively cheap.
Accessport and turboback are also very popular and are pretty standard mods that can add horsepower and a lot of torque to your car. I would suggest a Protune for safety and even more power.
Your best bet is to search...and then search even more. Learn from the mistakes of others and PM guys who have FIRST HAND knowledge of the mods you are looking at.
That said, feel free to PM me anytime you have any questions. See you on the road.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
yes get a TBE and a AP, maybe a intake too

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
congrats and welcome to the board.

get an AP for sure and for exhaut get the g200 you will love it

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Congrats, have fun with it, trackdays are a blast with the car :D

·
Banned
1,277 Posts
Ikon said:
congrats and welcome to the board.

get an AP for sure and for exhaut get the HKS you will love it
:) i no .... welcome !! , and yea u should get tbe & ap .. but first u should get used to the car .. then start moding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts