IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steel Grey Metallic. This is going to be a long break in period...

It's 600 miles, right?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
1000 miles, welcome

·
Registered
581 Posts
Woo hoo! I get excited every day still (pretty new to me anyway).

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the new ride, have fun

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good Luck with the break in. I stayed under 3k until 400 miles and under 4k until 800 miles. It killed me everyday. I still get a rush every time i come around a corner and stomp the pedal in 2nd gear now that i can open up the engine. The service manager from the dealership told me no break in period, but i wasn't that trusting.

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Break-In periods vary with everyone you speak too.

Always better to be safe then sorry though.

My car had alot of miles on it for a used car. I didnt know till I actually bought the car and hoped in. It had like 80 miles or so on it....so I knew people werent being nice on those test drives...

Anyhow, no problems to this day and I drive the car how its meant to be driven.....HARD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine had 13 miles on it when I bought it this morning. It has 185 miles on it now. :D Have the shift light set at 4200 rpm, have basically held it below that. I'll try my best, but it sure is hard!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! What color did you get? My first mods are going to be clear bra and window tint, followed by the Mad Dad gauges...

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
docwyte said:
Nice! What color did you get? My first mods are going to be clear bra and window tint, followed by the Mad Dad gauges...
Blue with silver but dealer will swap for gold next week:tup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
docwyte said:
Mine had 13 miles on it when I bought it this morning. It has 185 miles on it now. :D Have the shift light set at 4200 rpm, have basically held it below that. I'll try my best, but it sure is hard!
Yup, I picked mine up last week with 16 miles on it... Now I have 309... I set my shift light at 4k right when I got it and just hit it the first time tonight on the way home. I find myself driving all over just to rack up miles to hit 1000 sooner :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts