IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought my car new in June of 07 with under 10 miles on it. Broke it in nice with some light boost. Let me say im a motorcycle enthusiast of street and dirt I don't take it easy on my motors but I am not one to forget to service them. At 8,000 miles I went catless with the cobb ots map and about 1000 miles ago I was tuned by Shawn Church who is a really knowledgeable person who I will take my car to in the future. Now I'm at 59,098 miles and was racing a c63, we did around 5 pulls and let me say that damn those cars sound nice when they are flying by :lol:. I pull up to the light to turn left onto Ortega hwy and the car is shaking a little more than usual at idle so I've already got a clue that the ringland is cracked, I think I actually laughed. Hooked up the ap tonite and heres what we got. Im thinking Rallispec, Vigilant motorsports, open to suggestions. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
So did you beat the C63?

Sucks to hear but a misfire doesn't necessarily mean the motor is toast.

I would reset and see if it happens again and get a compression test.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I would also like to know how you held up against the C63. And yes they sound nice. But I love dat subie rumble :p

Also, you are around the 5th person I know that has had issues directly after racing someone (several pulls). The others all ringland problems. Hope your fate is not the same. Sucks though!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had this same problem happened at idle about 4 days ago. Turns out i just had some bad gas in my car. i reset it and it hasn't come back again. Were you under a 1/4 of a tank? Also just because you are vibrating a lot more doesn't mean ring-land. Could be be your mounts as well. Best of luck!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
From a dig I smoked him but he got me by before I shifted to 4th. i had more than half a tank. When I crank the motor over to start it sounds like one of the cylinders has no compression, I will check the compression asap and keep you guys posted! oh yea and im running about 18.5 lbs of boost. 303 hp and 327 torque on a dynapak dyno. Shawn netted me 23hp and 30 something torque. Awesome guy he is.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but check to make sure your coil packs are nice and snug. I had a bolt back out on me and threw the misfire. Maybe not your problem but its worth looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts